Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it Me { Ancestory} UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 13 Dec 2005 13:44

That has done something wrong, I went through lost Cousins to get 20% off Ancestry giving myself a early Christmas present and they have charged me the full price of £69.95. I am ripping so rang them but got a nice young lad that said it was 6.30 in the morning and no Supervisor in to ask will get back to me. So beware if you are Joining Ancestory June x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 13 Dec 2005 13:47

Warning - discount unavailable 10th December 2005 Unfortunately, due to recent updates at Ancestry.co.uk, the 20% discount against Annual subscriptions for LostCousins members is currently unavailable. If you were hoping to take advantage of this offer, please email us so that we can let you know if and when it becomes available again. From Lost Cousins site.

June

June Report 13 Dec 2005 13:50

Just my luck Tracy well at least i will leave you all alone now asking for look ups lol regards June Love the name

Heather

Heather Report 13 Dec 2005 13:53

June, its still worth every penny. Enjoy.

Horatia

Horatia Report 13 Dec 2005 16:05

If you are truly serious about tracing your ancestors then Ancestry is the way to go! You won't regret it! Cheers,

June

June Report 17 Dec 2005 18:40

Still not heard from Ancestory so looks like it is full ,so be careful and check before you buy Love Ancestory it is well worth the money June

Heather

Heather Report 17 Dec 2005 21:19

Apparently they are still offering it. Cant make out what they are up to! Did you get yours?

Clive

Clive Report 17 Dec 2005 21:36

I joined Ancestry via Lost Cousins yesterday for #47.63. I am in NZ so no VAT. In UK without VAT full price would be 59.53 so I got 20% off that.

June

June Report 20 Dec 2005 20:24

Hi Phoned Ancestory today and got it sorted they have refunded my £69.95 and i had to pay £55. 87. Talked to a lovely lad called Paulo he was most helpful. So if you have had trouble give them a ring. One happy bunny regards June

Just Jill x

Just Jill x Report 20 Dec 2005 20:47

Is Lost Cousins a free site and if not how much is it ?

Gary

Gary Report 20 Dec 2005 20:48

June how about this, the other day a freind asked me if i could look at the 1901 census for his grandmother on the 1901 census, as in may 1992 he had written to the gro in london enquiring about her, they sent him back a letter saying yes Ellen Kelly was at no2 Temperance Street, Haverton Hill Durham, age 35 born Shropshire, no other info given, no other members of the house hold, the cost £19.68, thats for 1 name,age ,d.o.b, so that means 3 names would in 1992 have cost what Ancestry costs for 24/7 and the images and people still cry about the price.

June

June Report 20 Dec 2005 20:53

Hi Jim, It cost nothing to join lost cousins Hi Gary, what a rip off , the cheek hope you are not having a go at me I love Ancestory i am never off it lol June

Gary

Gary Report 20 Dec 2005 20:56

no June sorry if it sounded that way,

June

June Report 20 Dec 2005 21:00

Hi Gary, Thanks June

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 21 Dec 2005 19:56

I TOO JOINED ANCESTRY WHEN I RECIVED BILL THROUGH CREDIT CARD IT CHARGED ME £142.50 NOT £69.00

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 21 Dec 2005 20:57

Hi All I joined Ancestry only this week through Lost Cousins, I was charged £55-97 with the discount. I printed out the order confirmation page just to make sure they do only charge me this amount. I also agree it is well worth paying for this site as it has helped no end. Jill GC.

Historyman

Historyman Report 21 Dec 2005 22:43

REPLY TO RHONDA, If Ancestry charged you £142.50 and not £69.95 for one years access would suspect you have signed up in error for one of their 'world access' type subscriptions. If you intended joining Ancestry.Co.UK get back to them. I am sure they will correct the error. Ray Whincup

June

June Report 22 Dec 2005 10:32

Hi Rhonda, Ring Ancestory they will sort it out for you,it is a free phone number 0800 404 9723 Tell them how much they have charged then i hope they will correct it for you. Let us know if you get it sorted Hi Jill June