Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CORONERS INQUESTS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ted

Ted Report 22 Dec 2005 15:25

HI all, just gonna tuck into another mince pie with loads of cream, and me a diabetic, what the hell its Xmas. 1879 accident at work in CREWE, CHESHIRE. where will the records be kept do you think, so that I can have a gander at them, and what newspapers did they have in CREWE in that year? Sorry I dont like to talk with my mouth full. yum yum. TED

Dea

Dea Report 22 Dec 2005 15:40

Details please Ted (If you have finished munching!!!) Dea x

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2005 15:42

possible the Cheshire Chronicle? as a starting point

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 22 Dec 2005 15:43

Coroners inquests rarely survive, those that do will be at the Cheshire County Record Office Whatever company was involved might also have records, thoguh whether they'd be wiling to share is another matter. As for newspapers, Crewe Library has a lot on microfilm in the Local Studies bit.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Dec 2005 17:06

Was it a railway accident? You could try rootsweb railway workers site for info?

Ted

Ted Report 22 Dec 2005 18:39

Dea, hi. ROBERT beard, NOVEMBER 1879 killed at CREWE railway station crushed by buffers of a train and carriage 8th Nov, inquest held on 10th Nov. TED XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Dec 2005 19:02

E-mail Crewe library with the date of the inquest and I bet they can photocopy the newspaper report and send it to you for a few £. nell

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 22 Dec 2005 19:12

Hi Ted Have you tried the black sheep site for the railwaymen index. lightage.demon(.)co.uk I just received a copy of a report by my G/dad about his part in a small railway accident good luck, Sylvia

Irene

Irene Report 22 Dec 2005 19:29

Put those mince pies down Ted you naughty boy, silly question Ted but have you checked the Times newspaper online. Irene

Merry

Merry Report 22 Dec 2005 19:32

I don't know if Ted has, Irene, but I did.....nothing there :O(( and I tried the Black Sheep (Railway Index) ....nothing there either....... Merry

Ted

Ted Report 22 Dec 2005 21:10

hi to all of you. Its getting too near Xmas, I think to be worrying about an accident that happened in 1879, dont you all agree? Theres always next year. 'no love I dont want another mince pie, thats 4 Ive had already, and Ive got to think about my sugar levels' Oh sorry, thats me talking to the wife. A VERy HAPPY XMAS to you all and more importantly A HAPPY AND TROUBLE FREE 2006. TED XXX

Ted

Ted Report 23 Dec 2005 13:48

hi everybody, you will just have to wait a mo while I stop eating the last of the mince pies. This is just to tell all of you lovely people that i emailed the CREWE LIBRARY and Rowena the librarian found the report of the inquest into the accident in the CREWE CHRONICLE 15 NOVE 1879, its definitely my lucky Xmas, Thanks father Xmas for asking all you lovely people to help me. TED XXX

Dea

Dea Report 23 Dec 2005 13:53

You are a lucky boy Ted !!! - I will cross him off my 'search list' ! The only ones left for me to find are All mine !! Dea Xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Dec 2005 14:21

See, librarians are fab! nell [an ex-librarian]

Ted

Ted Report 23 Dec 2005 15:04

Dea, we will have to get started on yours now,. but not till after Xmas. got to enjoy opening my stocking, you never know I might find Kate Moss in there. She would love me. TED XXX. She would have time to snort if she was mine, well not coke anyway. lol

Dianne

Dianne Report 23 Dec 2005 15:08

Ted I had the same query a few weeks ago re a shotgun death in Altrincham Cheshire. I phoned Chester Archives and they have the details of Cheshire Inquests, but you have to make an appointment to go and see them. They are not published on the internet, nor can they send anything out to your home by post. Dianne xx

Ted

Ted Report 23 Dec 2005 15:12

nell, they certainly are, mu daughter worked in the local llibrary for 4 years whilst at school. after school for an hour and on a Saturday. She loved it, but unfortunately when a vacancy finally did come in the library and she applied, she never got it. A bit of nepotism crept in. The girl who got the job was the daughter of the leading opera singer in the town, and a local councellor. She stayed in the job 4 weeks, and the library had the cheek to write to my daughter asking her to come back on a voluntary basis as before. The head librarian heard words from me that he didnt know existed, the day she got the letter. THATS NOT DECRYING THE LIBRARY STAFF. TED.

Ted

Ted Report 23 Dec 2005 16:17

Dianne, Ive just had a message from CREWE LIBRARY telling me that they have sent the film to CHESTER RO and I had to complete a form which can be downloaded from the web, something like an authorisation form to view. The cost is £1.20 to have a copy made and they will despatch same to my home address. Well worth it, isnt it? TED XX