Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

giving access to your tree - HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:11

I have been contacted by a family member who would like to view my tree and I would like to give him access. I thought you went to 'contacts' and gave permission that way....but....he is not on my contacts list even though he has only contacted me through this site.....help please.............

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:15

Hi Chris, If you go back to the original request you should be able to click on reply and this will also show 'Allow this member to view your tree' underneath. Just click on it. I have just had a similar request and it worked for me! Hope this helps. Frances PS. Hope all is well with you.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:16

Hi Frances...........thank you..............how are you????

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:18

Things are going well now, how about you?

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:19

Gone back to original message....no option but to reply or delete...am I being thick

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:21

Have you clicked on reply? The message to allow should come up underneath.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:22

Things good with me........off work now until 3rd Jan....yippee Not been on boards.....been doing family history ! ! !

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:25

Me too, have had some success recently. If you don`t get any joy that way, try clicking on messages (top left in green panel) your contact should be at the top of the list and you can allow there.

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:27

yup tried that...if I go to messages the only option I have is SEND If I go to contacts he isn't there

Christine

Christine Report 22 Dec 2005 22:30

Hi Frances Giving up for tonight.............not on now until after Christmas A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family Best wishes Christine............

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:38

Sorry I couldn`t help. Hope you have a good Christmas too, and a great New Year. Frances x

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 Dec 2005 22:40

hope you dont mind me jumping into your thread but I have the same problem and I go to your contacts then find the message and give permission from there

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 22:44

Hi Valerie, That`s what I was trying to suggest to Chris but it didn`t seem to work for her (or I didn`t explain it very well, lol!) Let`s hope she can sort it out tomorrow. Frances

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 Dec 2005 22:46

sorry Frances I wasnt trying to cut in its so frustrating I also dont know why my messages arent in date order do you have that problem ??? I have to scroll through pages of contacts to find the latest one I would have thought they would be in date order

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 22 Dec 2005 23:05

when on contacts click on word date and they will go in order you have to do that every time you go there Jeanette

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 23:06

No problem Valerie, the more the merrier! Yes I do have that problem, it would be much easier in date order. Have you managed to allow access for your tree now?

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 23:07

Thanks for that Jeanette, will do that from now on!

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 Dec 2005 23:24

thanks Jeanette I didnt know that, will certainly try that in future. and Frances yes thanks finally managed it good luck and happy xmas

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2005 23:26

Glad you got it sorted Valerie. Happy Christmas!

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 Dec 2005 23:27

whoopee it works thanks Jeanette I cannot believe I didnt notice that before I have been spending ages scrolling through all my contacts fantastic thanks a lot