Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage don't know year??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 04:10

Hi everyone........I have the names of the people but know idea when they married any ideas how I search have names of their children as well Ta Hazel

Judy

Judy Report 30 Dec 2005 07:26

You could start here and post what information you have......someone, no doubt ,will have a suggestion or two or perhaps even find the information for you! (Happy New Year!) Judy

Merry

Merry Report 30 Dec 2005 10:51

Can't give advice unless you give an idea of date.....It makes a big difference as to what you would need to do...... Are you perhaps talking about during the 1900's??....Could you give a rough decade? Merry

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 30 Dec 2005 11:42

age if their children is a good guide usually. Marion

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 11:46

looking for a marriage between.......Ada Olive Smith born 30/8/1896 to a Herbert Robinson Wildman born 1900 (approx)....she was always known to me As Ollie.............so Ada Olive could also be Olive Ada The Robinson Wildman is also tricky I have found it as just Wildman!! opps a recent search I found showed his father as John Tom/Thomas Wildman wife Sarah...........all in the Middlesex area........any help so appreciated............. Hazel in Aussie sweltering in the heat

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Dec 2005 11:50

This will be Herbert's birth reference:- Name: Wildman, Herbert Robinson Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1900 District: Pancras (1837-1901) County: London Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 28 Looks like the surname is just Wildman and Robinson is his middle name. Kath. x

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2005 11:53

Hazel Marriages (and births and deaths) after 1910 aren't on Freebmd yet, so its a question of trawling through the GRO indexes quarter by quarter, year by year unless you can use familyrelatives (which I can't - I cannot get the hang of it at all!) nell

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 11:54

Kath......thanks............what about marriage??? Hazel x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Dec 2005 12:09

I'm just having a look in a couple of years on 1837online. I'm starting in 1920. Back in a few minutes. Kath. x

Pete

Pete Report 30 Dec 2005 12:11

Quarter December Year 1918 District Barnet Volume 3a Page 923 Herbert R WILDMAN Olive A SMITH Hope that helped Pete

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Dec 2005 12:17

I've looked at 1920, 1921 and 1922 and can't find the marriage. Do you know when the first child was born? Kath. x p.s. Pete's found it for you now.

Pete

Pete Report 30 Dec 2005 12:23

Have you located Herbert in the 1901 census? Ancestry have given him a year of birth of 1891 in the database - the images states age as 10 months. Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/ Eliza Stratford abt 1866 Clerkenwell, Middlesex, England Sister Tottenham Middlesex Georgina A Wildman abt 1875 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Sister Tottenham Middlesex Herbert Wildman abt 1891 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Son Tottenham Middlesex John T Wildman abt 1878 St Pancras, Middlesex, England Head Tottenham Middlesex Mary A Wildman abt 1838 Ringwood, Hampshire, England Mother Tottenham Middlesex Sarah Wildman abt 1878 Greenfield, Bedfordshire, England Wife Tottenham Middlesex Source information: RG13/1253 Registration district: Edmonton Sub-registration district: Tottenham ED: 47 Folio: 58 Page: 21

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Dec 2005 12:26

Have saved the 1901 image if you need it. Also found Herbert's father in the 1881 census and saved the image. Kath. x

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 12:46

Hells Bells your info is great................here are the names as I know them of the marriage between Herbert and Ada/Olive Hazel. Alan and Maurice I know Maurice born 1924 I think he is the eldest............

Dea

Dea Report 30 Dec 2005 13:01

Hasn't Pete found the marriage for you in 1918 ? - see his message above. Dea x

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 13:17

Pete I am sorry missed your post in my haste.............How the did you find it if I may be so bold!!!! I have searched Ancestry/1837/Genes........with no joy whatsoever........please enlighten me and help me on my journey.........as I am sturck colid on one line the most important one at this time Regards Hazel

Pete

Pete Report 30 Dec 2005 13:25

I found it using just one credit on Familyrelatives. It is similar site to 1837 online, but I quite like it. For marriages 1912- 1920 they have them cross-referenced so it makes checking a lot easier. Particularly when you are dealing with the surname SMITH and some uncertainty over her forenames. The WILDMAN line can be traced back at least to 1881 in the census. I didn't look any futher back than that. I see that Kath has offered you the details if you contact her. Just shout if you need more pointers. Pete

Hazel in  Bucketty

Hazel in Bucketty Report 30 Dec 2005 13:31

To all who replied and helped me..................Thank you so so much..it is nice to know that you are all there and if I can help with any searches more than happy to do so................ I have more questions but let me trace what I have to date............once again thanks