Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry help needed please-problem sorted yippppp

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 17:38

when i went to look at the 1851 census it wouldnt let me it came up i have to register with the delux version of ancestry but i already paid full membership just before xmas any idea what i could do i try to use the live help on there but that isnt working heeeelllllllllpppppppppp please

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 20 Jan 2006 17:48

Maybe just a glich. Try rebotting your computer? Suzanne P.S. Noticed your other thread for Sunderland 1841 lookup (For a dumb nut like me what county is Sunderland in?...perhaps put that in your request.

Rachel

Rachel Report 20 Jan 2006 17:53

Try loging out and then back in. Sometimes if you are logged in automatically, the system doesn't reconise that you are loged in at first.

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 17:56

thanks for ur replys i logged out then went back in still couldnt do any searches then i switched computer off then came back on but it still wouldnt let me do no search it just said i had to register for the delux version

Rachel

Rachel Report 20 Jan 2006 17:58

Pop into your account section and cheak your subscription status. If its wrong - e-mail ancestry and ask them to correct it.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Jan 2006 18:06

I have never heard of a 'deluxe' version before When you open Ancestry what can you see on the top right of the page? Do you have something like:- Welcome, Dotty Dot Log Out Upgrade My AccountHelp Click on 'My Account' and it will show you what your current subscription is. Mine is 'UK & Ireland Records Collection' which is what you need to access all the census records.

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 18:11

when i go into ancestry it says im logged in as username then it says subscribe then my account

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 20 Jan 2006 18:42

Ive got UK sub and this is what it say at top of my screen: Welcome,(User name) Log Out Upgrade My Account Help Suzanne

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Jan 2006 18:52

OK - click on My Account and check what type of subscription you have.

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 20:32

it says Current Subscriptions: — Registered Guest

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Jan 2006 20:40

Dot, does it say anything else underneath Registered Guest, such as UK & Ireland Records Collection, for example, which is what my subscription is. If not, then it looks as though your subscription might have expired. If you think your subscription is still valid then you will need to get in touch with the Help line on 0800 404 9723

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 20:44

hello i only paid just before xmas so i think i have nearly 12 months left lol this is what is says in my account thingy Upgrade Options: Ancestry.co.uk memberships include a number of record collections to help you find your ancestors. Simply select one of the options below and click 'Upgrade' to start your research today. If you'd like to try it out first, simply select the membership that interests you most and click 'Free Trial'. We'll let you try it out for free! Annual Memberships Annual Price Annual World Deluxe Membership £199.95 Annual UK Deluxe Membership £69.95 Monthly Memberships Monthly Price Monthly World Deluxe Membership £24.95 Monthly UK Deluxe Membership £9.95 Pay-Per-View Price PPV 14 Day (10 Credits) £4.95

Zoe

Zoe Report 20 Jan 2006 20:50

Dotty HOw much did you pay? you may have taken one of their shorter term subscriptions by mistake Zoe

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Jan 2006 20:51

i paid for the year

Karen

Karen Report 20 Jan 2006 20:54

Just a thought Dot, but you don't have two logins do you (I've got three!!)? One could be a guest and the other your yearly subscription? You may also have gotten an e-mail from Ancestry confirming your yearly subscription Karen

Gary

Gary Report 20 Jan 2006 23:28

i got the same message when my subs ran out and cc card number had changed, check you have sighned for longer than a month.

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jan 2006 10:46

Dotty If it says Registered Guest, then surely it means you have not logged in. When I go onto Ancestry, it says welcome and then my user name. Try logging in again. I never log out. Have you cleared your cookies recently? That will automatically log you out. Margaret

Lilian

Lilian Report 21 Jan 2006 11:00

Hi Dot, I've had the same problem since the site was updated. After e-mailing ancestry several times and trying what they suggested without succcess, I found a way to log on myself. Click on 'forgot password?' which is underneath the password box in the top right hand corner. That should open a page which asks for your username and password. Try logging on from there. I don't know why it worked from there but at least I can get into the site. Hope it works for you. Good luck, Lilian

tinkers

tinkers Report 21 Jan 2006 12:22

thanks for ur replys i think i have the problem sorted fingers crossed i phoned them and they reckon they didnt have me on there files but after abit of sercuity questions and stuff i managed to get them to sort me out and change my name and password for me lool

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 Jan 2006 12:27

Glad to hear you are sorted. You can get on with some research now.....!