Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what name would you search under for the Royal fam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 12:37

I wanted to look at 1851 census for the royal family would it show all commoners who lived with them or would they be on different sheet and which name would I put please as I tried Windsor seemed to be an awful lot thanks a lot

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 24 Jan 2006 12:46

Try Albert for first name, b 1818 +/- 2: H R H Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emanuel

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 12:48

thanks very much

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 24 Jan 2006 12:49

And do tell me, as I don't subscribe, is this her: Victoria Hearnstrig?

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 12:53

Only if she did tailoring on the side Bren! Ive found Louis Mountbatten on a ship! ( Battenburg) Do you want an image Brenda? Actually, strangely some of the records arent there when I try to paste and copy.

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 12:57

Found them thanks ,what do you mean Phoenix who is this Victoria

MickT

MickT Report 24 Jan 2006 13:01

I think it most unlikely to get a result under 'Windsor' in 1851. The ' W ' name was not taken until WW1. I believe that the Family name prior to that was 'Saxe-Coburg Gotha ' or similar. Mick

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 13:04

Here they are in the 1851: H R H Albert Edward abt 1842 Buckingham Palace, Buckinghamshire, England Son St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Alfred Ernest Albert abt 1845 Windsor Castle Son St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Alice Maud Mary abt 1844 Buckingham Palace, Buckinghamshire, England Daughter St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Arthur William Patrick Albert abt 1850 Polan, Buckinghamshire, England Son St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Francis Albert Augustus Charles Emanuel abt 1820 Head St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Helena Augusta Victoria abt 1847 Polan, Buckinghamshire, England Daughter St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Louisa Carolina Alberta abt 1848 Polan, Buckinghamshire, England Daughter St George Hanover Square Middlesex H R H Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa abt 1841 Buckingham Palace, Buckinghamshire, England Daughter St George Hanover Square Middlesex

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 24 Jan 2006 13:06

Valerie As I don't subscribe to Ancestry, I sometimes have to do a bit of lateral thinking to find the right people from the index alone. And I often get it wrong. Heather is misleading me: she isn't down as Battenburg in 1851. This is her: Her Majesty Alexandrina Victoria Only Ancestry would think that Victoria was a surname!

Elaine

Elaine Report 24 Jan 2006 13:07

We did a search for these the other day. Go to Records Board and search for ...Queen Victoria - census returns..

MickT

MickT Report 24 Jan 2006 13:08

Further to the above. Sorry Pardon. HM Queen Victoria was the last of the Hapsburg monarchs. Mick

Fiona

Fiona Report 24 Jan 2006 13:08

Just incase you wanted them in 1861 here they are, not so easy to find as they wrote just their names and nothing to say they were royals. Albert abt 1820 Coburg British Subject, Germany Husband Whippingham Hampshire .............>Victoria R abt 1820 Kensington, Middlesex, England Head Whippingham Hampshire Arthur Patrick Albert abt 1851 London, Middlesex, England Son Whippingham Hampshire Leopold Geo Duncan Albert abt 1854 London, Middlesex, England Son Whippingham Hampshire Louisa Caroline Alberta abt 1848 London, Middlesex, England Daughter Whippingham Hampshire Albert Edward abt 1842 London, Middlesex, England Son Whippingham Hampshire Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore abt 1858 London, Middlesex, England Daughter Whippingham Hampshire Alice Maud Mary abt 1844 London, Middlesex, England Daughter Whippingham Hampshire Helena Augusta Victoria abt 1847 London, Middlesex, England Daughter Whippingham Hampshire

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 13:11

Found this lot for 1851: Albert Of Cornwall and York abt 1896 Sandringham, England Grandson Windsor Castle Berkshire Record Edward Of Cornwall and York abt 1885 Richmond, Surrey, England Grandson Windsor Castle Berkshire Henry Of Cornwall and York abt 1900 Sandringham, Norfolk, England Grandson Windsor Castle Berkshire Victoria Of Cornwall and York abt 1898 Sandringham, Norfolk, England Granddaughter Windsor Castle Berkshire

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 13:12

thanks for all your help the reason I am asking is because my husbands great great grandfather and his wife were Cobblers to the Queen and I wondered if they actually lived in but I have found them living in Wardour Street St James Westminster which is very posh nowadays wonder what it was like then.

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 13:13

Your quite right Brenda, when I went back to get an image it was part of the royal family but not her. Forgive me - still, she still isnt a tailoress!

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 13:14

Oh Val, that reminds me of a rude joke about the man who had a sign over his shop saying 'Cobblers to the Queen'. Im sure Ted could complete it.

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 13:15

you are all very helpful and a lot cleverer than me ,how is it I have problems finding people thank you all

Val wish I'd never started Report 24 Jan 2006 13:16

Heather, and one about the Queens legs being opened it was of course a Pub

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jan 2006 13:17

NO, thank you Val, for giving us all a bit of fun and interest. And now we know their proper surname - which we should have all done before! Silly, remember my mum always going on about people having the 'Hapsburg chin' (in reality, lack of it!)