Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

May i apoloigize to those_____

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 12:39

that i offered to do look ups for, but 10 days ago whilst driving to a routine dental appointment. A lorry drove in =to the side of me ( not my fault) and i hve spent the last 9 days in hospital and now have a plate and screws in my leg, the car is a right off. Hubby was not please as we had tickets for the England v Italy rugby match in Rome at the weekend and could'nt go. Ann

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 13 Feb 2006 12:41

poor you ann im sure people will forgive you as it was an unfortunate incident do hope you get better soon angie x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Feb 2006 12:44

Oh Ann...Sorry to hear of your accident.......Hope you make a full recovery. (Typical husband...lol...Rome would have been nice though...get him to take you there when youre better) Suzanne

Heather

Heather Report 13 Feb 2006 12:48

Oh dear Ann,thats awful. I do wish you a speedy recovery and ********* the football, at least you are alive and well!

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 12:57

Thank you for your good wishes , just a ibt battered and bruised, the crutches may come in handy ! Ann

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 13 Feb 2006 14:38

Get well soon! What a dreadful shock (and I can see that the grief was compounded by the loss of the chance to go to Rome and have a good time - in various ways!) Christine

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 13 Feb 2006 14:41

Sounds like you were nearly a write off too! Still you'll have lots of time to sit at the computer now, and not have top worry about housework wishing you a speedy recovery jess

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 15:20

Yes Jess, But the fireman holding my hand was very very nice if you know what i mean Ann

valium

valium Report 13 Feb 2006 15:26

Best whishes for a speedy recovery Val

Merry

Merry Report 13 Feb 2006 15:38

OOOOh poor you Ann......I hope you are feeling a bit better now and can go on to a complete recovery....... Make sure hubby does EVERYTHING around the house and shopping! Merry

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 13 Feb 2006 15:47

Ann Poor you....Apart from the 'Nice Fireman' ;) Wishing you a speedy recovery. Chris

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 15:51

Thanks All of you Only came home this morning and have managed to prop left leg up on another chair but don't know how long i can sit like this!!! As for Hubby as long as he has a full list he can do the shopping, but the hoover is a mystery to him, i keep telling him its not rocket science!!!! Ann

Helen

Helen Report 13 Feb 2006 16:58

Hi Ann, Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are better soon.Dont forget to be waited on. Helen

Just

Just Report 13 Feb 2006 17:06

Glad to hear you are home, but it must have been an awful shock for you. I got hit by a Tesco's truck as a pedestrian and it damaged my shoulder and I'm still having treatment for it now and that was over a year ago. Take it easy and everyone will understand about the look-ups. Don't rush yourself, give yourself time to recovery properly. We have a long wait for NHS physiotherapy in our area, so it may be worth trying to get a referral to one if you've not had one already or arrange to have a private physiotherapist through your insurance claim against the lorry driver, once you are ready for it. Try resting the leg on a pillow so the chair does not feel so hard under it, as long as it does not make it too high for you. All the best Claire

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 13 Feb 2006 17:49

Ann Sorry to hear about your accident. However, glad to hear you are now on the mend! Hope your hubby is pampering you :) Joanne

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 21:55

Thank you all for you kind words, they are much appreciated. And Claire here in Switzerland we have a very good health system, the pysiotherapist will be coming to me at home on friday. The boss from the haulage company came to see me in hospital accepting full responsibility for the accident and to tell me that they have given the police a statement to that effect. Ann

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 13 Feb 2006 22:14

I hope your husband makes up for his insentitivity tomorrow-or else use your crutches on him-wishing you a speedy recovery-Jennifer.

McAlp

McAlp Report 13 Feb 2006 22:26

Just think of the advert for cadburys chocolate before coronation street i have will have to practise my hand clapping Ann

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 13 Feb 2006 22:33

some people will do anyhing to get a fire man to hold their hand!

babs123

babs123 Report 13 Feb 2006 23:53

So Sorry to here of your plight Ann, Hope you recover soon. Make the most of it tho while you can, you really cant move around much can you without crutches.?......cant hoover....wash up....iron..... have a field day and catch up with all the things you wanted time to laze around to do.... best wishes kat