Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

membership numbers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 22:35

hello can someone xplain to me how to find out someones membership number i have a contact who i have been in touch with sometime last year and i cant work out how to find out his membership number helpppppppp pleeeeeaaasssssssssee thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Apr 2006 22:37

Yours is 1257384 Maureen

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 20 Apr 2006 22:39

Hover over the name to reveal the number. It shows on the status bar at the bottom of your internet window.

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 22:39

hiya it wasnt my number i wanted lol thanks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Apr 2006 22:40

Mine is 1518132 You can see this across the bottom of the screen If you got to your messages - contacts - then hover your cursor over the bin symbol you get two numbers - yours and the other persons Sorry that was why I showed your number Maureen

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Apr 2006 22:40

Dot Find his name on the boards somewhere..... then hold your cursor over his name and his membership number will show at the bottom of your screen where the little (E) is showing..... Your number is..1257384 Good luck Gerri.

Anne

Anne Report 20 Apr 2006 22:40

Just hover the mouse pointer over the name (in blue) and the number will appear in the bar at the botom og the screen. Anne

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 22:48

thanks for ur replys it wont let me see the membership number i have hovered over the name in blue and looked down on bottom of screen and no number comes up and i hovered mouse opver bin and still no number gggggrrrrrrrrr

Janice

Janice Report 20 Apr 2006 22:52

Dot, If you go to your sent messages and find the one you sent him, hover over the reply button and his number will come up on the task bar. Janice

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 20 Apr 2006 22:54

It will say _member_key=1257384 (that your number) its at the end of the web address that runs along the bottom part of your browser, on GR because there are errors on the pages it is next to the yellow triangle at the bottom left corner Roy

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 22:55

janice ive just tried going into the sent messages and the last 4 messages i sent him r 4 different numbers

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Apr 2006 22:59

Would it be in order to put his name on here so we can try find him? Do you know his age roughly?....try putting his name in the 'search'

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 23:05

gerrie i have sent u an email trying to xplain what im trying to do hope u can understand it lol

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 20 Apr 2006 23:06

If you have him in your messages why would you need his number, you already have contact? Roy

Heather

Heather Report 20 Apr 2006 23:13

Hi Dot If you're on aol the things at the bottom of the screen hide the number so if his name is on the message board, do a right click on his name and then go to properties...or...if he's in your contacts you can hover your mouse over the bin and that will show your number and his number. Heather

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 20 Apr 2006 23:18

Thanks for that tip Heather now know mine Jeanette

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 23:19

heather im not with aol im on ntl but i tried that anyway but it didnt work

Sam

Sam Report 20 Apr 2006 23:38

I don't understand how knowing the membership numbr will help you seeing as how you have this person in your contacts already...

tinkers

tinkers Report 20 Apr 2006 23:45

hi sam have u herd out from the dla yet?