Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Discount for ancestry.co.uk subscription.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BR

BR Report 16 May 2006 09:34

Does anyone know of a site/organisation giving a discount ?

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 09:42

Go to the Lost Cousins website - 20% discount offered on Ancestry subscription

BR

BR Report 16 May 2006 09:49

Thanks Elaine but I tried that and can't find it - what am I doing wrong and whereabouts on the site is it ?

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 09:53

http://www.lostcousins(.)com Have just been on to the site and am wondering now if they have withdrawn the offer - it was certainly there a couple of days ago because I was showing it to a friend. The link to Ancestry is on the bottom right hand side of their home page - but there is no mention of a discount now. So - sorry if I got you all excited - perhaps someone else has a suggestion of where you can find a discount.

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 May 2006 09:57

I've just been on the site and if you put your cursor over Ancestry it still says 20% off. Tracyx Although I've now clicked on it and it sends me elsewhere!! Sorry.

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 09:59

Tracy, That´s strange because I have just done the same and it doesn´t show on mine (doesn´t seem to matter whether I am logged in or logged out)

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 May 2006 10:01

Honestly mine says 'Save 20% at Ancestry.co.uk' It's telling me fibs!

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2006 10:02

Yes, if you go there, register first free then click on the ancestry logo. The ancestry logo is bottom right hand of the home page of Lost cousins. It doesnt have 20% discount on it, but if you put your cursor on it, it does come up. Good luck. If it is finished, just google ancestry discount - there are often offers in other places.

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 10:03

I believe you Tracy !! It´s just that mine doesn´t!! >LOL !!

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 May 2006 10:06

Go with Heather's suggestion as when I click on Ancestry it just says. View 1861 cencus free....(Although still offering me 20%) discount) Tracyx

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 10:07

Well this is now annoying me but have solved the problem. I usually use Firefox as my browser - when I access Lost Cousins through Firefox there is definitely no 20% discount shown. However, if I access it through Internet Explorer then the 20% discount is shown if I hover the cursor over the Ancestry logo. Brenda - are you using Firefox or IE ??

BR

BR Report 16 May 2006 10:07

Thanks everyone. After putting cursor over their logo that statement comes up but when the Ancestry page is displayed it relates only to free access to the 1861.I am registered with Lost Cousins but so far have never had any contacts ! Will try Ancestry discount as suggested. Thanks again Will check on Firefox/IE as this is not my machine so not sure.

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 10:18

Even though there is a 20% discount offer when you hover the cursor over Ancestry, it doesn´t seem to show up when you click on Ancestry. I have tried googling Ancestry discount for Brenda but can´t see anything obvious.

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 10:40

Hi everyone! Am looking for a discount too at the moment. Yesterday in desperation I emailed Lost Cousins who said that the 20% offer is no longer available, so am considering doing a month's free trial to put off the evil day of paying £70. best wishes Elaine

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2006 10:44

Elaine, just a thought - if you are thinking of also buying a Family Tree Maker program, why not pay £30 for that on play*com and get 3 months free ancestry sub with it?

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 16 May 2006 13:15

Hi Why not pay a monthly subscription. It averages around the yearly subscription but them I can always stop when I want to and only lose a fraction of the cost.(1 month or part of) Paul

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2006 13:30

Really Paul? I always thought it worked out a lot more.

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 May 2006 13:32

Paul, I don´t think they offer the monthly subscription payment to new subscribers now - you now have to pay for the full year or for a ONE MONTH TRIAL UK Deluxe Membership 12 months for only £69.95 Equivalent to £5.83 a month 1 month trial for only £9.95

BR

BR Report 16 May 2006 17:02

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I had a free trial that ends today so naturally wanted to save as much as possible which is why I was looking for a discount. Sod's law decrees that as soon as I sign up for a year another discounted offer will appear ! Will have a think about this - have to agree it is extremely useful and the last few weeks have been easier with it.