Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how long has Ancestry had the new set up ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:37

I just went to Ancestry UK and there was no box to fill details in just a list of what section you want to search so I clicked on marriages and up came a list of which years I want to search with the option to click on one I am sure it wasnt like that last night .

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 22 May 2006 22:39

I think it turns on and off to confuse us--it happened to me the other day when I was a bit boggl eyed and well confused me--didn't like it especially since I'm a creature of habit#11

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:40

I thought I was going mad it then asked which month and then which letter for the surname it seems a bit long winded

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:46

hello again Margaret are you following me ???? good luck with your broadband which one did you go for ???

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:51

its also very hard to view the page only a small square showing up or can this be altered

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 May 2006 22:52

I had the same problem with Ancestry about two hours ago, but it's back to normal for me now. I think it's when they are adding stuff or 'tweeking' the site a bit. I also think the internet is playing up tonight, as we have 10 Mb broadband, but everything is running really slowly tonight. Kath. x

Christine

Christine Report 22 May 2006 22:55

Finding site sooooo sloooowww tonight, that I am giving up and going to catch up on some sleep! The (.)com site still has the boxes, but is also slow. They must be doing some work on the site, suppose it has to be done some time.

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:55

hi Kathleen yes mine is back to normal again , wish they would leave things alone

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 22:56

yes I have noticed I am not arriving at the page I want it seems to stop half way I am getting a lot of blue pages on here thought it was my PC maybe its all that rain.

Christine

Christine Report 22 May 2006 23:02

OK, back in business again - where did those matchsticks go?

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 23:05

Christine thought you were going to Bed ??????

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 22 May 2006 23:05

If any of you who are having problems;; There is a thread on Gen ;; My google has died; Nearly everyone that is having problems is on NTL;; Babs

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 23:11

That is so funny Babs I saw that heading but didnt read it as I thought I would cry, as I thought she was talking about a Pet. I do have NTL thanks

Christine

Christine Report 22 May 2006 23:13

I was - but temptation and curiosity for one more look-up got the better of me! Will have to give up soon - need to get up bit earlier tomorrow to get my head in books. (Note to myself - DON'T switch on computer!!) Yeah, right! Like that's going to happen!!

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 23:14

Christine I only come on here for a quick look and find myself switching from one board to the other and end up doing nothing

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 22 May 2006 23:15

Val what kind of pet did you have in mind with a name like Google;;;; hehe Babs

Christine

Christine Report 22 May 2006 23:16

I know what you mean. I tend to stay on Records, but switch to Tips every now and then. Now understand why might be having problems with various sites - on NTL.

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 May 2006 23:17

Babs these days you never know , my friend called his Dog Defer D for Dog get it ???

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 22 May 2006 23:19

Lynne yes that's what I gathered wouldn't you think they would let you know;; It was only because I knew one of the names lived near me or else I would have been scanning and god knows what for another couple hours;; Babs