Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can you help me please (pulling my hair out)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:11

Ihave just found a new rellie called Susan Bunyan (nee halls) she married James Bunyan but i dont know where or when (think it may have been Barkingside) they had 8 children i have no info on either his or her family (eg parents or siblings) would love a bit of help to get me started as i have hit a brick wall with both of them i know their childrens names and dates of birth but could do with some help tracing their parents or even their marraige date. any help gratefully received regards sue cook

Dizzy Lizzy 205090

Dizzy Lizzy 205090 Report 26 May 2006 15:12

Could you give us some dates please? Liz

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 May 2006 15:13

Approx. year please.

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:13

These are not living people, are they????? Merry

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:14

all i know is that susan was born in 1816 and james 1806

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:17

Can you give us a census ref or when and where the first known child was born please? Merry

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:19

oops IGI JAMES BUNYAN Male Family -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages: Spouse: SUSANNA HALLS Family Marriage: 27 SEP 1817 Saint Leonards, Shoreditch, London, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. Merry

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:20

Are you SURE about their ages? It's seems a hell of a coincidence there's a marriage when they were babies, but exactly the right names and sort of area! Merry

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:20

first child Jeremiah 1835 in Aldenham hertfordshire

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:23

yes i am sure about their ages but it does seem weird about the names being the same for the other marriage

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 May 2006 15:25

1851 View Record Eliza Bunyan abt 1844 Barking, Essex, England Daughter Barking Essex View Record George Bunyan abt 1841 Barking, Essex, England Son Barking Essex View Record James Bunyan abt 1803 Aldenham, Hertfordshire, England Head Barking Essex View Record James Bunyan abt 1837 Bushy, Hertfordshire, England Son Barking Essex View Record Jeremiah Bunyan abt 1835 Bushy, Hertfordshire, England Son Barking Essex View Record Joseph Bunyan abt 1845 Barking, Essex, England Son Barking Essex View Record Martha Bunyan abt 1842 Barking, Essex, England Daughter Barking Essex View Record Susan Bunyan abt 1816 East Ham, Essex, England Wife Barking Essex View Record Susanna Bunyan abt 1848 Barking, Essex, England Daughter Barking Essex

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:28

OK, I give in!! Merry

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:28

jim thanks for that it seems i was 3 years out with james's birth and wrong about where Jeremiah was born a family member sent me a copy of a bible page and those where the dates i was going on makes me wonder if any of the other info in there is wrong

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:29

thankyou for your help merry i really appreciate it

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:32

I was wondering if it were possible for an extracted marriage to have the wrong year but the same marriage (1817, St Leo's Shoreditch) is on Pallot's Index too, s I don't see that it can be wrong. Maybe there was a lot of intermarriage between two families!!! LOL Merry

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:33

here's the 1841, in case you don't have it: Emma Bunyan abt 1839 Essex, England Barking Essex George Bunyan abt 1840 Essex, England Barking Essex James Bunyan abt 1801 Essex, England Barking Essex James Bunyan abt 1837 Essex, England Barking Essex Jeremiah Bunyan abt 1835 Essex, England Barking Essex Susanro Bunyan abt 1811 Essex, England Barking Essex Merry

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:37

must admit merry im stumped too if their first child was born in 1835 i would have expected them to have been married a year or so earlier but you never know they may not have married at all i have no idea where she came from or who her parents where either its very frustrating

Merry

Merry Report 26 May 2006 15:47

I love how they all say Yes for born in Essex in 1841 and then Jeremiah is reported to have been born in Bushy in 1851!! Anyway.....maybe they married in Hertfordshire? Maybe you should try this??: http://www.pjoiner.demon(.)co.uk/mindex/HRT%20mindex.html (remove brackets) Merry

Sue C

Sue C Report 26 May 2006 15:50

thanks merry will do