Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where are Jess Bow Bag and Merry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverly

Beverly Report 3 Jun 2006 14:13

Where are Jess Bow Bag and Merry?

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jun 2006 14:13

Well I'm here, but only for ten mins more, max! Merry

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jun 2006 14:23

Vanishing now...... M

Beverly

Beverly Report 3 Jun 2006 14:24

Oh hello Merry! I haven't been on this website for a while as I have been studying (which I should be doing now) but I just thought that it was quiet. I think you are both key players in the threads. Bev

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Jun 2006 15:06

You're right Bev. Merry and Jess are usually around somewhere, but the boards have been really slow the last few weeks. Think everyone must have gone on holiday!!!! Kath. x

Dea

Dea Report 3 Jun 2006 15:17

You are right Kath - they are REALLY slow! I work away a lot in May + June but got back a week ago to 34 e-mails - Not a sausage since !!! - I feel like I am in a time wharp !! - - Thought my e-mail system was not working so sent one to myself (sad or what ??) - Anyway, I got it but it seems no-one else is around?? Dea Xxx

Dea

Dea Report 3 Jun 2006 15:52

= Still in my time wharp BUT - message for Merry - 'shouldn't you be 3/4 by now, or you having a time wharp too?? Dea X (Tee hee!!)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Jun 2006 16:00

Hi Dea, Hubby thinks I'm mad sitting in front of this computer on a lovely day like today (I can't stand hot weather), especially when I keep moaning that there is nothing happening on the boards. Think he is probably right). Kath. x

Dea

Dea Report 3 Jun 2006 16:04

Hi Kath - I am sure Hubby is quite right - Mine agrees with him too - (perhaps they should get together?) Anyway, - I took pity on mine and cooked him a lovely bar-b-que - UNFORTUNATELY - when I do a 'barbie' I have to have a few glasses of wine and so I am now sitting here with LOADS of people to find and a stack of census print-out's and I can't focus on any of them. Best leave it until the wine wears off!! Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 3 Jun 2006 18:17

Hi, Sober now!! - Have been 'round the corner' and bought 10 more ring-binders + divider sections! - ready to sort the papers again! Is it just me or does everybody else just buy more and moe files and folders and clear more shelves in the cupboard to put them in, without really getting any more forward (or backward, whichever the case may be)?? Dea x P.S. - They are very pretty colours - pink for girls and red for boys on my side + lilac for girls + greenish for boys on his !! + black ones and various other colours for various contacts and work 'in progress' ! Dea x - PLEASE tell me if I am 'strange' x

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jun 2006 19:00

Dea, stop being so organised!!! Just back from the beach......feeling a bit ¾ish, but have sent hubby to the offy (sp?) for some ''medicine''.............. My next ¼ birthday is not until the end of the month, thank you, Dea!!! Merry

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 3 Jun 2006 19:11

Merry Please remember 'medicine' should be taken by the spoonful....Not the bucket!! :))) lol Chris

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jun 2006 19:12

Jess is either building the forth bridge in her back garden (1,114 wheelbarrow-fulls of something-or-other, so far) or running her annual.......I mean, weekly bath! ...........or ..............she is out getting her latest supply of Jeyes Fluid for the bath.................. I have a very nice bucket, thanks Chris! Merry

Dea

Dea Report 3 Jun 2006 19:16

Merry - I may SEEM organised but really I am just expanding !!!!!!!!! Taking up more space but not moving forward! Dea x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 3 Jun 2006 20:20

S'cuse me! Ive been working very hard , trying to convert the ...erm...erm ...'field' in which my house stands into a garden over the last few days! dead proud of it too! Had the afternoon off and went to a birthday party, where the birthday girl grizzled on and off all afternoon - if you cant cry at your 1st birthday party, then when can you? Anyway, too much sunshine and an overdose of creosote, with the addition of a glass (or five) of white wine finds me very well thanks save a rash as of yet unidentified across the back of my pelvis, looks like nettle sting type bumps, but in a line- ideas anyone? . jess

Beverly

Beverly Report 3 Jun 2006 23:09

OH my god, I feel almost jealous and a bit of a saddo! I haven't left the house all day apart from the hang out the washing as I have boring old study! Nice to know that people are still around. It wasn't only me who thought that the boards were quiet. x

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jun 2006 23:16

I think ''in a line'' sounds like fleas!! (Well, one flea!)..... Prescription: You and Bobbin to take a bath in the latest vat of Jeyes Fluid......that should do it............ Merry (glad to hear the garden is looking good!)

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 4 Jun 2006 07:45

Some Bl**dy flea if it was, flea bites itch , these just hurt! Jess - grouchy today to watch out!

Heather

Heather Report 4 Jun 2006 08:02

Hi Jess How are you feeling? A bit 'off'? If you start getting any more of this rash and it's hurting rather than stinging or itching I should get yourself off to the doctor tomorrow, 'cos it sounds as though it might be shingles to me. Not that I want to be alarmist or anything! Lets hope they're insect bites. Heather

Carter

Carter Report 4 Jun 2006 08:48

its good to know that merry and jess are around. i know that whenever i have been stuck they always help me out. hope the 'bites' are better jess - keep puting the ointment on !! if that doesnt work try a 'poultice ' i am sure that some of our ancestors could have mixed up a good one for you.!! hope you all have a happy sunny day - take care love linda x x