Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just found my first 100 year old rellie!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 13:22

Just had a tip off about a remarriage for g g/m and rumours of her death at the age of 102.Found her in the index first try of the first quarter of the first year i looked.Glen

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 13:23

Just to gloat Martha T Palmer,Q1 1956.Aged 101. Glen

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 9 Jun 2006 13:27

Wow! What more can we say? Christine

Merry

Merry Report 9 Jun 2006 13:45

I really wish my 100 year old ancestor had been born three months earlier. If she had been, she would have lived in three centuries! RIP Ann Smith - 27th Mar 1800 - 20th July 1900 Merry

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 14:14

Average lifespan on my tree has just leapt by 3 1/2 years. Just wait for Heather. .....'my great great uncle Albert lived to 125 years old,survived the Titanic and two World Wars then choked on a Polo mint......' Glen

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Jun 2006 14:16

LOL! oh Glen you're wicked! Bet it's true tho,! Sarah :-)

Karen

Karen Report 9 Jun 2006 14:16

wow glen, thats brill, non of my rellies as far as i know reached 100, my grt grandad reached 90, my nan reached 92, her brother and sister are still alive at 95 and 94

Merry

Merry Report 9 Jun 2006 14:21

Ooh, you are naughty, Glen! Anyway, it's usually Olde Crone who tops any story!! Merry

Angela

Angela Report 9 Jun 2006 14:23

Well, that certainly beats my oldest who popped her clogs at a rather junior 98!! The old tinsel drawers must be getting a bit scratchy in this weather. Don't you swop them for some cooler lace ones when the temperature goes up?

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 14:24

I doff my cap in reverence to OC,but i just couldn't resist. Glen

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 9 Jun 2006 14:37

The eldest rellie I have in my tree lived to be 101 yrs old - born Jan 1877 and died Dec 1978. Her family tell me she was interviewed and appeared in a newspaper, although I've not seen it yet. She was my grt grandfather's sister.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jun 2006 15:10

I think Pink Diana has a living relative over 100 years old. Gwyn

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jun 2006 15:36

My great great uncle Albert lived to 125 years old,survived the Titanic and two World Wars then choked on a Polo mint...... oh, Glen, did I tell you that before?

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jun 2006 15:37

I cant imagine how sweaty that thong of yours must be getting Glen.

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 15:40

Just had another call from the new found rellie,she says that someone has done the Hay line in my tree back to Lord Someone or other,Scotland to about 1500,and the tree builder is another cousin i have in Canda!!!! If it's true i won't swap him for all the ag labs in Norfolk!!! Now where is Canada. Glen

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Jun 2006 15:55

hello, ive got one on the 1881 census who is 999 years old!!!!??? Caroline

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jun 2006 15:56

How brilliant for you Glen - hope it isnt like my US contact who had dumped any IGI entries in the line. As it happens, Ive checked and my oldest is only 97 but Im not bothered - do I look bothered? I prefer to have SUSTAINED longevity over generations of 80 and 90 year olds rather than the odd quick 100 year old.

Heather

Heather Report 9 Jun 2006 16:44

Merry, do you notice how the gimp just deserts us as soon as he thinks he may be related to aristocracy??

Deb

Deb Report 9 Jun 2006 16:50

Hi All, My oldest ancester was my 3xg grandmother - She lived to 103!! The cause of death on her death cert was 'Decay of Nature' Now I say 103, that's the age that was recorded, but she did fib a bit about her age....On every census I have her on she has a different year of birth! So she could be 103 give or take 10/12 years!!!! Deb

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 9 Jun 2006 17:19

Deserted! Deserted! I was just trawling for some details for the adopted tree,think i'll leave them though,rat catchers,hawkers and ag labs. I'm of in search of my kingdom/half of Scotland or whatever it may be,(probably a corner of Aberdeen Dock knowing my luck). Anyhow i should be getting some pics of my 100 year old in her earlier days,thinking about it,her father got to 80 odd and her granny into her eighties. The nearer lot all sucumbed to cancer of one sort or another,should i be worried? Glen