Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can someone do a look up on bmd please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 19:43

hi can some one help me please i have been trying to find a birth of alice peatling born 1854 in MEOT I THINK THIS IS MILE END OLD TOWN not sure this is all the information i have ihave looked on ancestry and freebmd with no luck any help much apprciated thankyou kerry ann

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 19:56

Hi where have you had this info from please? Have you got her on census? Lesley :~)

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 20:01

hi lesley no i havnt had this from any census it was information that i recieved from a 4th cousin who dosnt know her actual date of birth apart from what is already been given kerry ann

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:08

Kerry I cant even find her on any census's??? There is one Alice Peatling in 1871 but born 1864 Bethnal green I have never heard of place named Meot....and its not showing under registration districts either.... Lelsey :~)

Elly

Elly Report 21 Jun 2006 20:09

Kerry This one doesn't match up age wise, however I searched for her by name only (no dates or places) and this was the only record on familysearch: Alice Ann Peatling Female Event(s): Birth: 30 MAY 1877 Christening: 29 JUN 1879 All Saints, Deptford, Kent, England Parents: Father: Frederick John Peatling Mother: Mary Peatling Source Information: Batch No.: C013945 Elly

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jun 2006 20:12

Mile End Old Town is often abbreviated to MEOT - however Deptford is in South East London - Mile End in East, the otherside of the river. Back to the cousin for more info I think.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:15

Thanxs Heather thats put me straight anyway on MEOT lol You learn something new every day lol Sorry I cant find a birth of a census with an Alice born MEOT c;1854 Lesley :~)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jun 2006 20:16

Kerry, Can you provide marriage details and children for Alice and we can work back from there? Rose

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 21 Jun 2006 20:16

Kerry, do you know if she had any children, or got married? That might help pin her down on the censuses. (PS - snap, Rose lol)

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 20:17

thankyou lesley and elly for some reason this is a brick wall i know she must have been born in 1854 because she married charles edward hollington in september 1877 in bethnal green should of said this before sorry thankyou for your help much appreciated kerry ann

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:19

off 1881 Name: Charles Hollington Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1853 Relation: Head Household: View other family members Family and neighbors: View neighbors Gender: Male Where Born: Spitalfields, Middlesex, England Name: Alice Hollington Age: 24 Estimated birth year: abt 1857 Relation: Wife Household: Family and neighbors: Gender: Female Where Born: Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Bethnal Green County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 3 Ann St Condition as to marriage: Married

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 21 Jun 2006 20:20

1881 Alice Hollington abt 1857 Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:22

This is her name off the Marriage Name: Alice P Peatling Year of Registration: 1877 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Bethnal Green County: Greater London, London, Middlesex Volume: 1c Page: 594

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 20:24

thankyou everyone for your help maybe thats why she cant be found wrong date should of known thats happened many a time so apprciate all of your help thanyou again kerry ann

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:32

Kerry You need to get the Marriage cert then you will find her fathers name and Occupation then you can go back through the census's Lesley :~)

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 20:37

yes thats what i will have to do thankyou lesley and everyone else for all your help kind regards kerry ann

Heather

Heather Report 21 Jun 2006 20:39

Sorry, Lesley hope it didnt sound stroppy - I was rushing cos a Pizza was burning. It covers areas like Stepney and Bethnal Green. (not the Pizza - MEOT!)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:50

Let us know when you get the cert Kerry and im sure others including myself will try and help you in your search Lelsey :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 21 Jun 2006 20:53

Heather You stroppy? never lol Cant let pizza burn hope its ok? lol Did I sound stroppy in my reply to MEOT sorry if I did lol Lesley :~)

Kerry Ann

Kerry Ann Report 21 Jun 2006 20:54

yes i will let you know thanks again kerry ann