Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

they are getting quicker!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 17:34

i ordered my certs by phone on the 28th june and guess what came in the post today. 2 arrived this morning yippee doo. wish i could read what they say though lol Rosex Ps Merry it was deffo the right John thank you xx

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2006 18:30

Not for me there not!!! I'm still waiting for 2 that had a despatch date of 29 June. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 18:46

how do you order yours ? rosex

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 19:05

I ordered 3 online with a despatch date of 28th June. I got one on Monday and am still waiting for the others. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 19:18

i have ordered all mine by phone and i have had them all within 7-8 days . and its so much easier i just give them my name and the info they need and thats that dont take 5 mins and its so not complicated :-)) Rosex

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2006 19:51

Rosie How much do they charge to order by phone? Isn't it more expensive than ordering online? Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 19:54

aww sorry to hear that yours have not arrived :-( im sure they will soon Margaret yes they are a bit more money but they are only £8.50 but worth it if they get here quicker :-) Rosex

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2006 19:59

Rosie I dont think an extra £1.50 a cert is worth it. They are expensive enough as it is. I think I wouild rather wait longer. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 20:13

yes margaret it is expensive but im impatient and want everything yesterday lol and plus i dont want to give bank details over the net. Rosex

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2006 20:18

Rosie I think you will find that giving your bank details over the phone is less secure than the net. I have learnt to be patient. These births, marriages and deaths happened long ago, they aint going anywhere and I am not going to pay over the odds to find out either. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 20:42

i have to say i think over the phone is more sercure but then again nothing is 100% and i cant be patient never have been i like quick quick quick coz i get too exited Rosex

Aimee

Aimee Report 5 Jul 2006 21:01

I would definately be interested in ordering certificates over the phone if it means they get to me quicker. Is the phone number on the website ?

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 21:16

aimee if you go to the GRO website and order as if you were going to do it online then click contact us and the phone number comes up . if your impatient like me then its worth a go good luck Rosex

Aimee

Aimee Report 5 Jul 2006 21:25

Thank you Rosie. I am impatient!!! I hate waiting by the letterbox for certificates when they are late. The extra £1 or so is a small price to pay to stop me from getting frustrated. Thanks again.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2006 21:45

Ur welcome aimee let us know how you get on with it Rosex

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jul 2006 22:30

hip hip hooray bernice im glad ur cert is here :-)) Rosex

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jul 2006 22:41

I order mine from the relevant local registry office. Not so high tech, but qucker! I send separate cheques for each cert, and one stamped addressed envelope. I get them back within a week 2nd post both ways. I also find the local registry offices very helpful. I have used a variety of offices and have the same quick reponse. Recently, the dep superintendant registrar advised me of a death of a daughter of the person whose death cert I had ordered. Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jul 2006 23:24

gosh anne thats quick aswell and u get extra info too well done :-) Rosex