Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has the 'Rude members' thread disappeared?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 3 Aug 2006 10:36

I was just reading through it when it went blank! Its amazing how GR whips some threads off so quickly when there was an absolute loony on General yesterday who managed to keep adding to his???

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2006 10:42

Rude members? Did someone run naked through a thread again?

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Aug 2006 10:43

Ooooh Heather, didn't think that was in any way worthy of GR's attention - perhaps Glitter Baby (presuming this is the one you were referring to?) pulled it herself?

Heather

Heather Report 3 Aug 2006 10:44

Oh right, got yer.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2006 10:45

Think GR may have been busy this morning. Ems thread has been removed on gen as well.

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Aug 2006 10:46

Gosh, there wasn't anyting wrong with Em's thread either - what's happening with GR - are they suddenly getting concerned over their revolting members? LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2006 10:48

lol Snowdrops, what context are you using the term 'revolting' in?

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Aug 2006 10:50

Rebs, what can I say?

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2006 10:52

think you've said it all. pmsl !!!

RStar

RStar Report 3 Aug 2006 10:58

Its rare I go on the General board. Whenever a thread like that pops up don't you worry it's you theyre hinting at? I do, lol!

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Aug 2006 11:08

Don't know about you looking bad Laura, but if there's naked people running about I'm gonna set mine up now to have a look. lol!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2006 11:11

Laura, Snowdrops.....not lowering the tone of the tips board are you? tch tch tch !!! on the other hand, maybe Glen lost his tinsel knickers.

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 3 Aug 2006 11:19

I would never lower the tone of this board (yeah, right). As it's the Tips board I thought I was being given a tip off on how to link up a webcam - I am merely awaiting instructions (and the naked bods)!!

Heather

Heather Report 3 Aug 2006 12:59

But in the Aus one they just removed the 'offending' word. Why have they whipped off the whole thread.

Deb

Deb Report 3 Aug 2006 13:18

Ooohhh!!! What have I missed.....I have been in and out of this board since yesterday morning and didn't notice anything going on......It wasn't 'you know who again' was it? Deb

Heather

Heather Report 3 Aug 2006 13:29

No, it was nothing dramatic, just a complaint about peeps not bothering to acknowledge look ups. cant understand why it disappeared. There were some really creepy ones on general yesterday and though I know several members complained they still seemed to stay on all day.

Deb

Deb Report 3 Aug 2006 14:02

Thanks for putting me in the picture Heather!! I thought it was another 'Tip Scandal' lol Deb

♫ D☺ver Sue

♫ D☺ver Sue Report 3 Aug 2006 14:42

Even the 'Success' board has been targetted for snide posts today I see.....

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 3 Aug 2006 16:31

I'm fed up with this. Could someone with some clout please arrange for GR to leave the naughty threads on long enough for me to read them when I get in from work - usually about mid-afternoon. I'm missing all the fun. I would give up work, but then I would not be able to afford any more certificates, or my sub to GR come to that. Are we to call rude people 'streakers' from now on then? A sort of GR version of a flamer. Tina

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 3 Aug 2006 16:40

Well nobody can blame me,i haven't been here,although my ears have been burning.Missed all the fun again i see. Glen