Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please not family tree help..I need to name m

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 22 Aug 2006 11:54

I need to name the boat before 4-30pm...but i am stuck..any sugetions wud be brill..my name is Joanie and she is a 27ft small canal narrow boat on leeds- liverpool canal...something funny unusual......thanks Joanie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Aug 2006 12:11

Since you are into family history, why not something like Past Times Floating Generations Brickwall or just....Joanie !!! Kath. x

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 22 Aug 2006 12:13

Joaneology.... lol Shaz x

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 22 Aug 2006 12:15

thats brilliant Shaz

jump

jump Report 22 Aug 2006 12:22

Sorry to be picky but should that not be ..... Joanealogy With an 'a' not an 'o'.

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 22 Aug 2006 12:28

Ooooops!! I stand corrected... lol... well I sit corrected actually!

jump

jump Report 22 Aug 2006 12:30

It happens to the best of us... lol I think it's an excellent suggestion though!

Glenys

Glenys Report 22 Aug 2006 12:35

Good Luck with the launching/naming of your narrow boat. We used to have a boat on the Leeds Liverpool canal - unfortunately not a narrow boat - used to moor it at Parbold.

Shareen

Shareen Report 22 Aug 2006 12:53

Ha ha ha - Joanealogy is genius!

Joanie

Joanie Report 22 Aug 2006 12:53

What good sugestions.....it sounds mad but hard to name her, she is moored at Lydiate just outside Liverpool.....hard going i am trying to do her up, people always say they will help but very few turn up.....so i plod along, was thinking of putting an add in paper lady with boat needs handy-handsome-man to help get her sailing (boat not lady ) hahahahh will make mind up in an hr, before i go down to do some work on her.....ur stars.......Ciao Joanie

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 22 Aug 2006 13:23

LOL..... Joanie I can just see the ad now!! Wanted Handsome man to float my boat!! I hope you get some help soon x

Joanie

Joanie Report 22 Aug 2006 13:44

Shaz. ur name is brill and i will ring them up in a min and have her named......so another claim to fame for u is unamed a boat, She will be on Leeds/Liverpool canal, so if ur ever round come down and have a trip on her......Thank you to every one who replied....and same to u if u see her stop me and jump aboard a glass of vino and a butty always on hand.....Ciao Joanie

Salty

Salty Report 22 Aug 2006 15:09

4000 people all converging on the leeds/liverpool canal for butties.LOL. Rod

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 22 Aug 2006 15:11

So then Joanie, whereabouts on the Leeds/Liverpool canal are you? ***gets out map to check response***

Salty

Salty Report 22 Aug 2006 15:35

My car will take four passengers, tanked up and ready to go. Rod

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 22 Aug 2006 15:51

Wooohooooo!! Thank you!! Thank you!! (sniff sob) I'd like to thank Great Aunt Bessie and Grandpa Bert and especially 6 squares& for showing me the error of my ways.... lol I am honoured and I hope to see it the 'Joanealogy' myself one day!! Shaz xx

Joanie

Joanie Report 22 Aug 2006 19:50

Ur a great funny bunch...thanks for the help...she is at Lydiate.....u have made me laugh out loud...well Shaz has named her and i better get to Tesco's for the bread...LOL...

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 22 Aug 2006 20:07

Jeez Joanie, That's more Liverpool that it is Leeds - I was hoping it was more Leeds side. Sorry but I shall have to come for the weekend instead of the day trip then!! Cup of tea and a bacon butty is all I need to keep me going - see you soon then (it IS Bank Holiday next weekend isn't it?)