Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I keep trying to add a reply to a thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 16:13

But everytime I click on 'Add message' I am rudely told to add a title to my thread - it ISNT my thread, I am trying to reply to someone elses! Has GR finally decided its had enough of my witterings? LOL OC

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Aug 2006 16:14

OC You know what, I reckon GR have discovered you are a woman with d-i-v-o-r-c-e in your past and they have decided you aren't fit to respond to decent people's threads!!!!! nell

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 27 Aug 2006 16:14

That happened to me the other day OC, but the message I was replying to had been deleted.

Dea

Dea Report 27 Aug 2006 16:15

I think it must have OC, - I am not having a problem. This is really strange - which thread are you trying to add to? If this is so, I think it is grossly unkind and uncalled-for!. Dea x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Aug 2006 16:15

That happens every now and then. Sometimes it's a fault with GR, and sometimes it is something in the title of the thread that means it doesn't let you reply for some reason. Are there any funny symbols in the title of the thread? Kath. x

Karen

Karen Report 27 Aug 2006 16:18

Last night 9pm my time, 4am uk when I clicked on a thread first that disappeared and then all the threads were gone. All that there was to see were the board headings, I didn't stay around to see when or if it would clear up. Very frustrating though. Karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Aug 2006 16:24

Perhaps OC has been banned from replying to her own threads now! nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Aug 2006 16:30

Hi OC Why not use the title of the thread followed by a - Reply and see where that leads. Gloria

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 16:30

Testing testing

Dea

Dea Report 27 Aug 2006 16:31

one two three -- connect!! Dea Xxx

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 16:31

Well, how odd! Other people have replied to the other thread! Off to try again then going on a protest march (not about GR) OC

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Aug 2006 16:34

Ohhhh, what are you protesting about?????????? Kath. x

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 19:17

*smirk* Protest march was about the closure of our little local hospital, cos the 'suits' have lost, erm, 31 million pounds!!!!! They were expecting 30,000 people and 80,000 turned up! I hope it does some good, that's all. OC

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 27 Aug 2006 19:19

Hi OC, Your lucky when I try to add something to a thread I get a blank screen. Betty

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Aug 2006 20:48

I do hope your protest will be successful, OC. It's about time all the 'suits' were thrown out of hospitals and old fashioned matrons brought back. I'm sure they would do a better job all round, and I'm certain they would be a lot more careful with 'our' millions. Good luck!! Kath. x

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 20:58

ohhhhh OC, is that the cottage one on corner of meneage st??? Julie

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 21:50

No, its our lovely little St Michaels in Hayle. they have the most wonderful Hospice in the grounds - that's for the chop too, because the Health Authority owns the land. St Michaels has never had one single case of MRSA, unlike the mighty County Hospital at Treliske. Parking is easy (and free) and there is a real caring, homely feel to the place. We shall see. OC

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 22:05

hiya OC, is that the one just down from 'bird in hand'??? pub, has a nuns name as well??? have been inside if it is same one and people there were lovely, such a shame Julie

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Aug 2006 22:17

Julie Yes that's it, used to be St Teresa's Convent and in my living memory, was staffed by Nuns. the Hospice is still run by the Nuns I believe and there is, I think, still a tiny Convent community. Its the thin end of the wedge, of course, because they are also trying to close West Cornwall Hospital in Penzance, another nice, quiet, well run establishment. And the cottage hospital at Newquay is for the chop as well. (How can you LOSE 31 million, running a hospital? I'd love to look at their books!) OC

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 Aug 2006 23:11

blimey OC, they mean in leaving you dont they with the so called better hospital 'treliske'?? at truro? not too good from what i hear, but as always, the south west gets the crappy deals in eveything, except soaring council tax/water rates, which in a place of little employ, (except the birdcage) seem to get the rough end of the deal all of the time, Julie