Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems with Messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 28 Sep 2006 14:19

Hi all, I don't know if i have a problem with recieving mail on this site. I have not had any mail for ages, could some one pm me so that i can check. Thanks Julie

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 28 Sep 2006 14:21

have done

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 28 Sep 2006 14:22

hi i sent you a message and also found this after i sent it. NOTE You have already sent an email or received an email from this member

Julie

Julie Report 28 Sep 2006 14:23

Thanks Guys, yes it is working ok. :)

CliveH

CliveH Report 30 Sep 2006 07:49

I have had no incoming since September 14 (down from 3-4 a day) and a 0% response to outgoings since September 15 (normally 100%). It does seem rather unusual.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 30 Sep 2006 09:27

I have received 5 messages this morning and only one of them actually had a written reply, I think there must be a feather in the works. Rosemary

CliveH

CliveH Report 30 Sep 2006 12:07

There certainly seems to be a problem. I have run a series of tests with a previous poster (now deleted) and found that: - the personal message system seems to be working - the match contact system seems to be working (although that was with someone already contacted) - replies to match contact messages arrive empty (losing text content) I have reported my findings to the support desk. Perhaps others could do the same if they have had problems too. Thanks

Sandra

Sandra Report 30 Sep 2006 15:29

Hi Clive have sent you a message............last message I had was end of August sandie

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 30 Sep 2006 19:20

I've had two replies to queries and the message was blank in both cases.

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 30 Sep 2006 19:32

Thought it was just me, I had a blank message today as well. Rosalind.

Jennie

Jennie Report 30 Sep 2006 20:07

Sorry to jump in on this as well but i have also been having a few problems with this when i know that i should be getting a reply as i speak to the person everyday. Also when i log on it may be coincedence but i get a anti virus alert come up. Is this site going crazy??? Jen

CliveH

CliveH Report 1 Oct 2006 05:53

The site seems to be somewhat unstable at the moment. I have been told that the new tree format will be live soon replacing the old one. Any bugs in the old system will not be fixed. I suspect they may be encountering migration problems to the new format. Fingers crossed...

Heather

Heather Report 1 Oct 2006 08:46

My last three incoming messages have all been blank. I have reported this to the support desk.

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 1 Oct 2006 09:36

thanks for this just been wondering why i hadnt had a reply xx

Joan

Joan Report 1 Oct 2006 10:05

Hello, is anybody there ? I too, haven't received any messages since 20th Sept. That's 10 days and I am suffering the DT's. Can someone speak to me please. Joan - in - Waiting x

Julie

Julie Report 1 Oct 2006 12:22

Hi all, There is definatly a problem with msgs. I have just recieved an e mail from a contact which was fine, however when i replied to the mail i checked my sent msgs and it had sent a blank mail. I re sent the msg by clicking on the contact rather than reply and it sent ok. It seems if you click on reply it will send a blank msg. Julie

Joan

Joan Report 1 Oct 2006 14:05

Me again. No one has sent me a message so I must not be here. Please can someone message me. Joan - in - Waiting

Jo

Jo Report 1 Oct 2006 14:15

Was interested reading this thread, you all seem to get loads of messages, everyday in some cases, I get messages very rarely. Had one last week but must have been a couple of months that I got the previous one. Anyone know why? Could it be I don't have enough names in my tree?

Paul

Paul Report 1 Oct 2006 14:25

Hi Joan, sent you a test message and got messageback: 'NOTE You have already sent an email or received an email from this member'

Joan

Joan Report 1 Oct 2006 14:29

Thank you Paul. I have replied to your pm. Joan