Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help I've gone blind pop-up block

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 21:25

I can't get into my tree cause I need to un block my pop-ups. Message says 'look at the top of the page you will see a coloured bar saying 'pop-up blocked'. I ve looked all over the page without any luck, plus all the page is red and hard on the eyes. Can anyone help?

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 21:27

HI Sharon, are you using internet exploror? If so look at the top for TOOLS, click that then Pop Up Blocker, you can stop it from there.

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 21:35

Hi Keith, Yes Im using internet Explorer, looked at tools but no pop up block came up

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Oct 2006 21:40

Windows pop up blocking was introduced with XP service pack 2, if you not using that you must have a third party blocker or toolbar blocker. Bob

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 21:42

Under tools what do you have? Mail and News Pop up Blocker Manage add ons Syncronize Windows update ______ Internet options ?

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 21:47

Keith under tools ive got Mail & news synchronize windows up date show related links reset web settings internet options Shaz

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 22:01

Sharon are you running XP? If so lets see if you have service pack 2. If you click start and go to My computer, on the left hand side there should be system tasks, view system information, this will bring up another window, under general it will show what windows version you are running and what service pack you have installed.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Oct 2006 22:02

Thought that was what I said. Bob

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 22:05

Robert, trying to find out if she has SP2, if not then some other blocker as you said.

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 22:26

Sorry Keith & Robert Had to close internet down. Think I've found what you ask Systems name DEMCOMPUTER System Model MS-6340 System type X86-6340 Microsoft windows Thankyou for your patience Im not too hot on computer

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 22:31

Hi Sharon, I would have expected to see a windows version on there, I suspect that it is not XP with SP2 though,, so as Robert said it may be a third party pop up blocker, do you have one installed?

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 22:39

A WHAT? I have not got a clue. I will have to wait until tomorrow when my boys will be back. They'll have more of an idea then me. I am very grateful for the help. Thank-you

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 14 Oct 2006 22:41

Your welcome, good luck.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2006 22:59

When you click on the Start button, does it say Windows up the left hand side?

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 23:07

Gawd Im daft. Yes the words windows me are on their side going upwards

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2006 23:08

Does it just say Windows, or is there a number after it?

Sharon

Sharon Report 14 Oct 2006 23:12

HI Tracy It just says windows me Millennium Edition

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Oct 2006 23:14

ok cool :) Do you know if you have any program running like Norton or the Google toolbar?

Sharon

Sharon Report 15 Oct 2006 00:05

Sorry Tracy computer going so slow. I went into internet options, then privacy there it says 'to override cooker handling for individual web sites. edit. Do you think this is it? Im a bit of a wuss. If I do something wrong my boys will kill me. Should change my name to Idiot . com P.S If I dont reply the computers froze Im not being rude. will pick up tomorrow.

Sharon

Sharon Report 15 Oct 2006 10:57

sorry again spelling mistake cookie not cooker