Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Want FREE Access To United States Censuses?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 11:02

see below

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 11:03

Go here and follow instructions to the letter: http://forum.yourfamilytreemag(.)co(.)uk/viewtopic.php?t=3738 If you get a need user name and password message, read the Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm Troubleshooting instructions. Hurry! I don't know how long this will last!!! Cheers, Horatia

Jillaroo

Jillaroo Report 18 Oct 2006 11:10

Thanks, will have a look at that. Jill.

covlass

covlass Report 18 Oct 2006 13:35

Great, I got straight in no problems have just found family members really easy

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 13:36

Bumped so everyone sees this - they will shut the door on this free access eventually. Cheers, Horatia

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 14:46

Excuse me keep bumping this but I want as many people to see this as possible before access is removed.

covlass

covlass Report 18 Oct 2006 14:58

Bumped still working I found if you right click and open in new window, works fine

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Oct 2006 15:33

Have just tried it...may already be too late..i got the message 'We are seeing an increased volume of traffic blah blah blah therefore we are blocking your access to this site blah blah blah.. Karen

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 15:36

Karen, I've just got in again! Cheers, Horatia

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 17:15

Bumped for late afternoon early evening shift

covlass

covlass Report 18 Oct 2006 18:23

bump

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 19:18

Yes, the census site is still working but the Your Family Tree website always gets a bit slow early evening time; but is OK during the day - keep trying. Cheers, Horatia

Linda G

Linda G Report 18 Oct 2006 19:44

Thanks a lot, I'm in Linda

Horatia

Horatia Report 18 Oct 2006 22:28

You're welcome everyone. I wonder how long this will last - can't go on much longer surely?

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Oct 2006 22:37

Thanks very much, I too have managed to find out where all my ancestors siblings disappeared to!

Horatia

Horatia Report 19 Oct 2006 00:10

Bumped once more for luck! ;-)

Horatia

Horatia Report 19 Oct 2006 12:45

Hi, I don't think your problem is anything to do with Norton or Zone Alarm which are both firewalls in this case (not anti virus). Read the instructions on the website again (right click on Heritage and then a menu pops up - choose: open in a new window. The instructions on there are very good but you need to follow them to the letter. Cheers, Horatia

Horatia

Horatia Report 19 Oct 2006 13:29

Judith, I think you are right! Ah well, it was good while it lasted! Cheers, Horatia

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 19 Oct 2006 14:21

Horatia, I didn't manage to get in, but it was kind of you to post it.....thanks. Karen x

Horatia

Horatia Report 19 Oct 2006 14:28

Karen, Sorry to hear that - I did try. I knew it wouldn't last long so wanted as many people to see it as possible before the plug was pulled. I think a fair few people found some missing rellies. Cheers, Horatia