Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

in the fog of time--anybody way out

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 24 Oct 2006 14:03

now some one e-mailed me to say they had a sarah fieldhouse on the 1851 census and it gave her being born in hodnet shropshire--but i cant find anything on the mormon site--not as ime any good at it anyway-------to clarify this what i wish to acheive is how caroline heaford was related was it from her parents side--or --from william fieldhouses side---she must have been important because lord arden includes her name on the family tomb a grovelling thank you colin F

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 24 Oct 2006 14:12

Hi Colin, was this her in 1851? Name: Sarah Fieldhouse Age: 40 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where born: Hodnet, Shropshire, England Civil Parish: Forton County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Registration district: Newport Sub-registration district: Newport ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 40 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Batley 19 Ann Downe 23 Sarah Fieldhouse 40 Elizebeth Hall 14 Thomas Lovatt 44 Elizabeth Palin 25 Ellen Turner 18 You may not find anything on the IGI, it is by no means a complete record, some records have been extracted from Parish Records under controlled conditions, some records have been submitted by members and may be innacurate. If you do happen to find anything on the IGI, it is always recommended to confirm the information by checking the parish records. As info the baptism records hardly ever recorded birth dates, depends on the clergyman. i think the best way forward is to go to the records office, maybe Shrewsbury? and check them yourself, or maybe ask on records if anyone is going and can look it up for you. Good luck Keith

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 14:42

According to the 1851 census image, Thomas Lovatt is her brother, unmarried, an ag lab, born Bolan, Shropshire

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 14:48

IGI has this for Thomas, but no sign of Sarah . EDWARD LOVATT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 24 JUN 1804 Great Bolas, Shropshire 2. JOSEPH LOVAT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 30 JUN 1811 Great Bolas, Shropshire 3. THOMAS LOVAT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 25 SEP 1808 Great Bolas, Shropshire 4. ELIZABETH LOVATT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 18 OCT 1807 Great Bolas, Shropshire Parents: Father: JOHN LOVAT Mother: ELIZABETH Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 24 Oct 2006 14:51

I wonder if she was married previously and Thomas should be brother in law? Often just recorded as brother.

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 14:53

But wouldn't his surname then be Fieldhouse - he is unmarried, according to image. Sorry, just re-read your posting - it's possible.

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 14:58

Is this her death registration? Would her maiden name be on the death cert? Name: Sarah Fieldhouse Year of Registration: 1855 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Newport S County: Shropshire, Staffordshire Volume: 6a Page: 472 Forton is in Newport registration district.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 24 Oct 2006 15:00

Christine, Im not certian, but I dont think maiden name would be recorded.

imp

imp Report 24 Oct 2006 15:10

Hi Can someone just check the actual image for Sarah Fieldhouse on the 1851 because I don't think her age is 40 - it looks more like 63 to me. Would this make a difference to the situation. Another pair of eyes needed. Regards Gail

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:12

Sorry Colin, but I've missed the beginning of this. So this is Caroline Heaford on the 1881, where she is described as niece of William Fieldhouse. Name: Caroline Heaford Age: 32 Birth Year: abt 1849 Relation: Niece Where born: Shropshire Civil Parish: Forton County: Staffordshire Street address: Forton House Occupation: Housekeeper Dom Registration district: Newport Sub-registration district: Gnosall Household Members: William Fieldhouse 65 merchant, widow, born Staffordshire Caroline Heaford 32 Martha Lowe 16 servant

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:15

Looking at next page, it's possible that age could indeed be 63.

imp

imp Report 24 Oct 2006 15:18

Hi Looks like Christine has cracked it, but just for good measure here is Sarah Fieldhouse on the 1841 Whoever she is Robert Fieldhouse abt 1791 Staffordshire, England Forton Staffordshire Sarah Fieldhouse abt 1791 Forton Staffordshire William Lovett abt 1766 Forton Staffordshire In Forton Robert is a Blacksmith and above them is a John Fieldhouse Farmer. Regards Gail

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:23

So, working with William Fieldhouse in Forton, this is him and his wife Sarah in 1851 Name: William Fieldhouse Age: 34 Birth Year: abt 1817 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah Where born: Forton, Staffordshire Civil Parish: Newport County: Shropshire Registration district: Newport Household Members: Sarah Fieldhouse 30 born Stone, Stafford William Fieldhouse 34 grocer William Fieldhouse 1 born Newport Shropshire John Furber 15 Ann Harris 18 Mary Newton 20 Thomas Thompson 30

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:29

1841 for William Thomas Fieldhouse abt 1816 living in Newport Shropshire William Fieldhouse abt 1821 living in Newport Shropshire both grocers.

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:38

William's birth cert, c1850, would give Sarah's maiden name. I can't see Caroline before 1881 -did she marry?

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:43

Got it! 1871 Name: Caroline Hereford (image definitely Heaford) Age: 23 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848 Relation: Niece Where born: Wellington, Shropshire Civil Parish: Forton Ecclesiastical parish: Forton County: Staffordshire Disability: View Image Registration district: Newport Sub-registration district: Gnosall Household Members: Eliz D Danison 29 visitor, Staffordshire Sarah Fieldhouse 55 head of household, farmer, born Stone, Stafford Caroline Hereford 23 Louisa Soell 23 servant Thomas Standley 24 servant

Christine

Christine Report 24 Oct 2006 15:51

1861 Name: Caroline Herford (image looks like Heaford) Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848 Relation: Scholar Where born: Newcastle, Staffordshire Civil Parish: Newcastle under Lyme Town: Newcastle County: Staffordshire Registration district: Newcastle Under Lyme

imp

imp Report 24 Oct 2006 20:19

Well sorted out Christine, lots of work gone into this one. Regards Gail.