Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Emily Ann Butison - can you find her.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 11:57

in a moment

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 1 Nov 2006 12:06

found death Emily Ann Butison Estimated Birth Year: abt 1816 Year of Registration: 1879 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at Death: 63 District: St Saviour Southwark County: London Volume: 1d Page: 94 (click to see others on page

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Nov 2006 12:08

I found that too, Jeanette, LOL. Just waiting for Sue to say what she wanted. Kath. x

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 12:08

I have been searching for the death cert for my ancestor Emily Sophia Bettison for some time. Emily was born in Lambeth around 1816 and was married to Edward, she is on the 1841,51,61 and 71 census. I have found neither Edward or Emily on the 1881 census. I have the death of what I think is Edward in 1891, the widow is the informant but I can't make out the name. I have just found a death for an Emily Ann BUTISON in Sep qtr 1879 in St Saviour Southwark, born 1816. I have tried to find this lady in the 1871 census but no luck, can anyone else have a go. Thanks

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 1 Nov 2006 12:09

me and all... its all that comes up on Ancestry

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 1 Nov 2006 12:11

Sue Sorry, can you clarify the year you can't find her? (1871 or 1881?) Angela Sorry, just re-read your post are you looking for Edward in 1881 (I'm getting well confused now!!)

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 12:12

Sorry ladies, something cropped up mid posting LOL

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 1 Nov 2006 12:12

1871 only this one she is visiting rest look like inmates Ann Bettison a widow Age: 60 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811 Relation: Visitor Gender: Female Where born: London, England Civil Parish: Stone Ecclesiastical parish: Rochester Town: Stone County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Dartford Sub-registration district: Dartford ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 233 Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 886; Folio: 68; Page: 45; GSU roll: 823480.

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 12:14

Angela I can't find my Emily in 1881, if she was still alive and can't find said Emily Butson in 1871. I can tell you my Emily was alive in 1875 as she was a witness at her daughters wedding.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 1 Nov 2006 12:17

there are no emily butison coming up on 1837's 1871 census, but i dont think that its complete as I struggle with some of mine on there R x

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Nov 2006 12:18

Could she have remarried? Marriages Dec 1859 Bettison Emily Sophia Westminster 1a 476 Bloodworth Henry Westminster 1a 476 Sawyer James Mansell Westminster 1a 476 Withall Etheldred Anne Westminster 1a 476 Georgina.

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 12:24

Georgina No that isn't her, Edward and Emily are with their family in 1861.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 1 Nov 2006 12:42

Sorry Sue It's got me beat. Good luck. Angela

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 12:44

Angela Got me beat as well, maybe she is my elusive Emily, crikey she must have died somewhere. Thanks for looking. xx

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Nov 2006 12:46

Sue you said her name was Emily Sophia but if I have the right family on the 1861 census she is Emily A? Name: Emily A Bettison Age: 45 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1816 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Edward Gender: Female Where born: Surrey, England, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View Image Registration district: Lambeth Sub-registration district: Lambeth Church Second ED, institution, or vessel: 23 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 22 Household Members: Name Age Cecilia Bettison 4 Edward Bettison 47 Emily A Bettison 45 Maria Bettison 9 William Bettison 15 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Nov 2006 12:50

Could this be her as a patient in hospital in 1871? Name: E S B Age: 55 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1816 Relation: Patient Gender: Female Where born: Surrey, England (Surrey, England), Surrey (Surrey), England Civil Parish: Sunbury County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Staines Sub-registration district: Sunbury ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 59 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 1 Nov 2006 13:06

This is their marriage from the IGI..so she was clearly Emily Sophia. EDWARD BETTISON Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: EMILY SOPHIA HAYNES Marriage: 04 AUG 1834 Saint Saviour, Southwark, Surrey, England Georgina.

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2006 13:14

Georgina Yes thaats the marriage, I have a printout and its definitely Sophia but I haven't found a baptism for her yet. In 1861 I think a transcrip error A instead of S. I think this is Emily in 1871 Name: Emily Billison Age: 40 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where born: N Civil Parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: St Emmanuel County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Lambeth Sub-registration district: Lambeth Church Second ED, institution, or vessel: 21 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 3 Household Members: Name Age Maria Bettison 18 Emily Billison 40 John H Nick 23 Emily had a dauther Maria, although the age is out somewhat and shes down as a widow. Also the John Nick is 83 not 23. Hubby Edward is elsewhere with another daughter.