Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Error on searching birth records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Jan 2011 23:27

Hi
I am hoping someone could help me please, i am looking for a couple of people in the birth records, i fill in the information, and it then shows red typing with error on it, am i doing something wrong? i have tried to put in someone that i know the correct details for and it still came up with error. Any advice would be appreciated

Lynn

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 4 Jan 2011 23:39

which site are you using ?

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Jan 2011 23:41

The Genes site, its driving me mad! and just wondered if it was me:)

Lynn

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 4 Jan 2011 23:49

If they are modern births perhaps you wont find them ?

Its easier to ask on TTF board for a look up.

Lynn

Lynn Report 4 Jan 2011 23:54

both the births i am looking for are 1877 and 1842, I will try again. thank you for the fast reply and help given.

Lynn

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Jan 2011 00:14

Have you tried looking for them on FreeBMD?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 5 Jan 2011 00:18

If you have a name and place omit the year of birth. and narrow your search from there. Ages given on censuses are not exact, and births were often registered in the following quarter after birth.
Also allow for spelling variations.

Lynn

Lynn Report 5 Jan 2011 00:21

Hi Margaret and Lindey,

Thank you:) will try what you have both suggested.

Many thanks,
Lynn