Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Italian Descendents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 22 Jun 2010 16:50

Hi - can anyone tell me if there is free access anywhere to italian records or how I go about trying to find where my italian immigrants who came over approx 1880 are from? Thanks

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 22 Jun 2010 17:16

Try the genforum.genealogy.com site. From the menu 'Regional', click on 'Countries'. That will take you to the listing where you'll find Italy.
If you ask your question on there, I am sure you will get some help.

K

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Jun 2010 17:32

care to give us details of who you are looking for - we may be able to find them for you

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jun 2010 10:25

Thank you for help - I have painfully managed to trace my Lazzerini family from about 1880 ish when they arrived in the UK and have pieced together all the info I think I need here in the UK since. It is their origin in Italy and how they got here that I cannot find. I will select the names from my tree that may help and get back to this thread . Thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2010 12:31

some in Pisa

Maria Agata Lazzerini Pedigree
Female
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 05 JAN 1810 Cascina, Pisa, Italy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Michele Lazzerini Family
Mother: Maria Rosa Ricci

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2010 12:33

ANNA MARIE CATTARIMA LAZZERINI Pedigree
Female Family
Marriages:
Spouse: GIO ANTONIO ARIOLI Family
Marriage: 19 APR 1859 Mezzoldo, Bergamo, Italy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2010 12:33

ANNA MARIA CATTERINA LAZZERINI Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth: 16 JUL 1835 Mezzoldo, Bergamo, Italy
Parents:
Father: FRANCESCO LAZZERINI Family
Mother: MARIA PARONCINI

Pauline

Pauline Report 24 Jun 2010 13:59

You could try writing to the Commune (town council) in Bergamo where the birth certificates etc should be. In Italy the local Commune keep all records as far as I know. I thought Lazzerini was a southern Italian name but may be wrong. Pauline

Pauline

Pauline Report 24 Jun 2010 14:01

PS In Italy the women keep their maiden names, which should make it easier.

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jun 2010 18:32

OK just got back to my pc. My Lazzerini family must have come to UK around 1880 and those members were:
Louis/Luigi Lazzerini c 1824-1894 (Father) - No Mother
Children:
Rafello b1845 d1919 m Isabella Bonugli c 1855 d 1945
Angelini c1848 and Giovanni c1851
Rafello was my great great grandfather. He also came with wife and 3 children - Adolfo 1877, Polizena 1879 and Lazzero 1882 - all other children later were born in UK in Nottingham. Any help re origin appreciated - thans

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jun 2010 18:40

Also - my Lazzerini's were plaster modellers producing beautiful statues etc here in Nottingham and I suspect i Italy too. Previous suggestions have been Florence or Po Valley but obviously I want to find the truth. Their name is spelt with different variants ie LazzArini - thanks

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jun 2010 19:16

Sorry - still learning about threads but have added new info in my search and realise should just have clicked reply button not added. Thanking everyone who has replied so far.

daddymuzza

daddymuzza Report 24 Jun 2010 21:09

This is a good site for italian genealogy........

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jun 2010 21:22

Thanks Daddymuzza I will take a peek.

Joy

Joy Report 24 Jun 2010 21:52

Try exploring here - http://www.cyndislist.com/italy.htm

Libby22

Libby22 Report 24 Jun 2010 22:03

The highest concentration of Lazzerini is in Tuscany.

Most Lazzarini are found in Lombardy.

Alison

Alison Report 25 Jun 2010 07:54

Thanks everyone

Pauline

Pauline Report 25 Jun 2010 15:08

Hope you are getting somewhere with the last site for italian genealogy. I don't know if this is of use or not, Italy was unified in 1861 and after that records should be found in the local Commune, it would be difficult to trace anyone before the unification though. Before that they would be kept by the Catholic Church or in some cases the Commune. Have been told Lazzarini is found around Florence area, which would explain the beautiful sculptures (saw some by an Italian at Brodsworth Hall, Doncaster, but can't remember the name). Doesn't really sound like a Po valley name (I live in Padova).Have you thought of trying the italian Embassy in London, or one of their Italian centres (a few round Northampton area).Good luck! Pauline

Hilary

Hilary Report 25 Jun 2010 20:16

Check Record Search pilot on Family search site. Quite a few Lazzerini's on there.
Hilary x

Alison

Alison Report 25 Jun 2010 20:27

Thanks Pauline - how lovely to live in Italy - I have never been but one day!!!! I have had quick looks at the sites suggested but will spend more time this weekend. A distant relative told me today that she tried to find a Lazzerini Plaster Modellers listed in Florence when she was over in Italy last year - but couldnt. There is also of course the famous artist (Guiliani) who is said to be a relative too - its just finding the connections I googled Brodsworth Hall where it seems Casentini was commissioned to the build, although he could have employed Lazzerinis? The photos I have seen of my Lazzerini's work were stunningly beautiful and ornate. Anyway - thank you for your info and I will post any progress back to this thread.