Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thanks you very much

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 28 Jul 2009 12:20

Thank you very to the following.......BrinsleyS, Mick in the Sticks, Lancashireann...They very kindly spent some considerable time helping me yesterday.

Lancashireann, thank you so much for the baptisms you found and yes they are all mine.

The problem i have had with this is.......granddad changed his name in about 1894 from Roberts to Mawdsley, which was his mothers maiden name and he told no one. It took me not far short of 3 years to sort that one out. An great grandmother Mary Roberts, nee Mawdsley decided to remarry a Mr. Massie.

At least your help has rubbished the marriage cert i obtained and it is balk to the drawing board.

I am so very gratefull for the help people give on this site, you are all darlings.

kathlyn