Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census look ups

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 11 Mar 2009 21:41

I have just obtained a marriage certificate for Samuel Williams and Clara Wigley from 1875. On the certificate Clara's father is listed as Henry and I have had no trouble finding info on that name as it is quite unusual. However, Samuels father is listed as Robert Williams (deceased). I need to look on the 1871 and previous census' but I only know that Samuel was born in Liverpool and dont want to waste credits looking at the wrong family. I think he had a brother called Richard, but again I dont know for certain. Which is the cheapest site to buy credits from and which last the longest? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Suzanne

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 Mar 2009 21:48

You can have a fortnight's free trial at Ancestry.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 11 Mar 2009 21:50

Thanks,
Can you tell me, do you get full access to all there census records?
Cheers
Suzanne

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 Mar 2009 21:58

I'm not sure as I have a yearly subscription.

I have found him. On 1861 there is only one c1853, father Robert, brother Richard, mother Frances in Liverpool.

Would you like me to send the image or do you want to find him yourself?

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 11 Mar 2009 22:01

Cheers,
I have just registered for my free trial, so will give it a go. If i cant find him I would very much appreciate a copy of the image. Will let you know.
Thanks for your help
Regards
Suzanne

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 Mar 2009 22:02

Good on you.