Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice please/update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 14:45

would there be census round about 1970 or just before,ive been trying google the address were my uncle use to live before he died,he was living at
16 Glendale Drive
Merton
Wimbledon
His name was Malcolm Kenneth Morgan otherwise known as Kenneth Malcolm Morgan,he died 14 April 1970,would love to see aphoto of were he lived,any ideas please,and thank you,i will reply to all, but mybe not on for few hours as have to go out
Dutch

Kay????

Kay???? Report 17 Aug 2008 14:52

There would have been a cenusus Dutch,,but that wont be any use as it wont be released till 2072,,!!

There would have been electoral,

Perhaps a google of the road will show what type of houses they are,,,,

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 17 Aug 2008 14:52

Censuses aren't made available for 100 years, so the next one due to be released is the 1911 census.

He would no doubt be on the electoral roll.

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 18:20

i did google the place but did,nt see it but will try again,is there anyone who can do electoral look up please

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 17 Aug 2008 18:26

Dutch, the census would have been in 1971.

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 18:46

Keith i no this sounds daft but were to i go to find him,ive just google the address ,and the houses there are pretty expenstive,i want to see if anyone could take aphoto of were he lived

Heather

Heather Report 17 Aug 2008 18:46

You could try contacting the local library to see whether they have the roll for that year.

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 19:33

thanks HeatherPosi were would i get the number as i live in holland

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 17 Aug 2008 19:40

Here's the website for Merton Council:

http://www.merton.gov.uk/

This might help with the archives

Local Studies Centre
Merton Civic Centre
London Road
Morden
Surrey
SM4 5DX
Tel: 020 8545 3239
Fax: 020 8545 4037
Email:[email protected]

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 17 Aug 2008 19:41

Try this site

http://photoexchange.ourgenealogy.co.uk/pe/index.php

Someone on there does photos of Wimbledon

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 20:45

hI Claire went and put it in but it come with no results
thank you anyway was worth atry
Dutch

dutch

dutch Report 17 Aug 2008 21:11

have now sent email to local studies,and see were we go from there

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 17 Aug 2008 21:30

Dutch that site does do Wimbledon, don't put in a county or a country just the town

Penny

Penny Report 17 Aug 2008 21:41

Just put Glendale Drive Wimbledon into google - you get lost of ''for sale'' - it would give you an idea - seems to be lots of flats/maisonettes

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 17 Aug 2008 21:54

If you put the address into Google, then click on maps, you can get a satellite view of the area.

dutch

dutch Report 18 Aug 2008 04:49

thank you all for your help sorry did,nt reply sooner,but in alot of pain with my leg
Dutchx

dutch

dutch Report 18 Aug 2008 07:24

went on Photo and left message just wait now,it dos,nt matter how long its kind of the people to help

dutch

dutch Report 18 Aug 2008 14:05

Selena,thank you sent email to the addy you gave me ,sent it yesterday just got reply,my uncle lived there in 1969 with Margaret Morgan she was his daughter and this is the first time have been able to find her,the lady has also ask one of her collages to find out were hes buried,and who the man was who buried him,so ive sent her copy of his marriage cert ,and death cert,can thank you and everyone enough .he was the last of my dads family to fit all the pieces in place
Dutch

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 18 Aug 2008 21:05

Hello Dutch, glad it helped and hope your leg gets better soon.

Selena

dutch

dutch Report 21 Aug 2008 07:45

Hi Selena
just to let you no Margaret is,nt his daughter shes his second wife and her maiden name was Quinn,the the chap who buried my uncle well may have been the son of John Leslie Goodwin as John married Margaret .s sister,so got quite alot of information but alot from one of my friends,just got to find out if John was James Goodwins son
Dutch
of to phyiso this morning