Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Porter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 16 Jan 2003 16:49

My grandmother born,around 1880, had the maiden name Wood.She married Patrick(Paddy)Porter who was well known in Ashford, Kent. She came from a large family. Most of the menfolk were called John/Jack or Charles/ Charlie. They were mostly in Kent it seems on the Canterbury side of Ashford although I have knowledge of Jack in Rolvenden and Charlie in Crowhurst near Hastings Sussex. Others around Ramsgate area. Trails seem to lead far and wide. My grandmothers father, I believe was John who I understand had a second family somewhere. My father, John Porter now 84 has a failing memory and I find it difficult to piece them all together. If I go to him with names he has a clearer memory.