Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find the death of Elizabeth Wood *UPDATED*

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 9 Jan 2009 23:25

Wonder if anyone can help me find the death of my great grandmother Elizabeth Allinson. She was born in 1862 in Sheffield and married George Wood in Pontefract in 1892. George Wood married his second wife Sarah Robson, in Bridlington in 1911 and he died in Bridlington around 1948.

I have never been able to find the death of Elizabeth, either before or after her husband remarried.

Can anyone help please?

Lewella

Lewella Report 10 Jan 2009 00:12

Do you have George's second marriage certficate? Does it say he was widowed?

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 10 Jan 2009 15:31

Hi Lewella, I don't have his marriage certificate, but a contact on here does. It does say that he was widowed, but I'm having my doubts now.

Thanks Carol, that one is on my list of possibles, but I'm a bit reluctant to start sending for them all. Might have to take the plunge one day though.
Thanks again.

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 11 Jan 2009 13:22

nudge

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 11 Jan 2009 14:17

Just been looking though all my information.

Her son joined the Australian Army in 1915 (found his papers online) and gave his mother as his next of kin, but also said that he was single (he wasn't) !! The address was Normanton, West Yorkshire.

Back to the drawing board, I think!!

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 11 Jan 2009 23:48

Just an update. I think she may have gone to Australia. Could explain why I can't find her death over here!!

Thanks to everyone who's shown an interest.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Jan 2009 03:05

Hi Maggy.

I have left some more info for you on Record office thread.

Re. Elizabeth ALLINSON ( Nee Wood )

When her son John Stephenson ALLINSON came to Australia and joined the Australian Imperial Force...................... in 1915 he states on his service records, that his "Next of KIn "mother Mrs George WOOD address was Kings Road Loch, ( looks like Norminston ? ) York.........so it appears she was still alive in 1915 and living in York..... if thats any help.

If you think she may have come to Australia, then if you can supply her parents names and maiden name, someone may be able to search Aussie deaths for you.

Tony

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 6 Feb 2012 11:28

Just giving this one a little nudge. I'm still searching for the death of this lady and running out of options.

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 9 May 2013 15:42

Just a little update on this thread. I have finally found the grave of Elizabeth Allinson, well someone found it for me!! A very kind man saw my messages on various message boards. He was also connected to the family and found the grave only a couple of miles from where I live.

Just goes to show that we should never give up. The answer is always out there somewhere, we just need that little bit of luck to find it!

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 9 May 2013 19:24

A good news story :-)

Well done!