Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wisniewski

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 27 Mar 2005 13:14

Trying to find anyone connected to the Wisniewski/Orlowski line of my tree. The family were originally from Prussia, Poland and emigrated to New Zealand in the 1800's. Would be great to hear from anyone who may be connected. Best regards Julie

Vera

Vera Report 3 Feb 2008 20:16

I am also trying to find information on Wisniewski. My father is Kazimierz Wisniewski born in Warsaw Poland. His family were all killed during the second world war except for him.

Stephen

Stephen Report 24 Feb 2008 03:00

my children are wisniewski it would be nice to know some family history.
Their Grandfather died before they were born
He came over from Poland to escape the war.
I think all of his family were killed
he was a proud decent hard working family man
I only know his name as Al Wisniewski he had three children.
He lived Cardiff then moved to the Midlands

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 3 Aug 2008 20:49

I have a living cousin whose mother was Emily G. Wisniewski c. 1906. I believe she was born in Chicago, but her parents were from Poland. If you contact me I can get you in touch with him. Kathy

Pamela

Pamela Report 10 Nov 2008 21:23

my daughter is married to a wisniewski who's father is polish dont know any more but i will ask her about him as he lives next to her and her husband andrew wisniewski

Shirley

Shirley Report 15 Jan 2009 19:07

i know of a helena maria wisniewski lived in bradford
father was johann

regards shirley

Vera

Vera Report 6 Jun 2013 23:15

Still looking for Kazimerz Wisniewski from Warsaw Poland who came to England at the beginning of the second world war. He was in the Merchant Navy in 1956.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Jun 2013 23:21

Vera, when was your father born? Which country did he settle in, and when?

Persephone

Persephone Report 7 Jun 2013 11:02

A lot of Orlowski s in NZ... a Thomas Wisniewski died on the West Coast of NZ in 1905 aged 36 assumed to be by accident where he was working a gold claim.

Someone thinks this Wisniewski was French... from a newspaper clipping: Nov 1907

A remarkable story of the adventures of two French lads was told to the Ramsgate magistrates. Charles Emile Wisniewski and Louis Poncelet were charged with importing a dog into Great Britain without having license from the Board of Agriculture. The charge, however, was a mere incident in an extraordinary adventure. An officer of the Kent county constabulary met the youths on a country road, and as he spoke French he was able to ascertain that tliey recently landed with their dog on the Thanet coast. In their possession they had pistols, one of which was loaded, and had evidently been discharged recently. Subsequent investigation showed that a small rowboat belonging to Boulogne had been found on the rocks at Dumpton Gap, between Ramsgate_ and Broadstairs, and everything pointed to the fact that this was the craft in which the lads crossed the Channel. The acting French Consul intimated that one of the defendants was well connected, and suggested that if the magistrate would order them to be sent home they could be dealt with in Boulogne. It 'was pointed out that a further charge of carrying pistols without a license might have been preferred. The lads told the magistrate that they brought the dog to England in order to astonish the natives with his tricks, and so earn a livelihood. As to the pistols, they intended to sell them when opportunity, offered. A fine of 20s was imposed in each case, and it was stated that the lads' parents would probably pay the money.