Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Geoff / Jeff Williams ...Redcliffe QLD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 12 Nov 2007 21:26

Hi, I have been trying to find my brothers Father,,,Geoff or Jeffrey Williams, his parents lived in Redcliffe QLD in the 1960's.

He would be in his 60's now, he loved to wear his hat ( he went dancing with Margaret and loved his top hat).

Please help me find him, he has ason and grandchildren who would love to meet him.

Kindest regards
Julie

Valerie

Valerie Report 13 Nov 2007 00:35

Hi Julie, The QLD State Library has an 'Ask Us' service (Query form on-line) - they will check their records including electoral rolls (past & present) & newspaper death notices. 'Brisbane Council' has 'Cemetery' records (on-line) -burials up to present day. Valerie (WA)

Julie

Julie Report 13 Nov 2007 21:37

Valerie,

Thankyou, however I am still learning ...do you have the www or the thread link.

Thankyou
Julie

Patricia

Patricia Report 13 Nov 2007 22:16

Hi julie,
Do you live in Australia. Have you tried the White Pages. Had a look ,there are a few G or J Williams around redcliffe area.
Regards Patricia.

Valerie

Valerie Report 14 Nov 2007 00:30

No -I don't have any 'www's -but just ask 'Google' that's all you need to do. Regards -Valerie

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Nov 2007 11:43

Julie
Just read some replies, but I thought I'd let you know that Redcliffe isn't actually in the Brisbane Council, but it has its own -just GOOGLE Redcliff Council and it comes straight up.

I have also looked up the white pages and found some Jand G Williams. Do you know if there was another initial?

Iam happy to ring any for you as I live in Brisbane and know how hard it is to find people as I have had the same experiences myself especially from overseas.

All the best
Deborah

Julie

Julie Report 23 Apr 2008 00:06

Thankyou Ladies, especially Deborah for your kind offer.

I live nr Brisbane now, so I will make some calls.

Julie

Rebekah

Rebekah Report 1 May 2008 04:37

http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/info/fh is the url address for the State Library. You can phone them for a posting or do it online. Turn around time is about 10 days.
Do you have any details of Jeff's parents? I am searching for a Williams family from the Annerley/Brisbane area of about 1922 - David Ludgate Williams and Minnie Moss. They had sons David and Arthur and daughters Minnie and Florence. Flo married a Fredrick Keen and Arthur married a Lily Reeve.
Thanks
Beck

Julie

Julie Report 23 May 2015 07:45

Thanks Beck,

I am sorry, that is all the information I have.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 May 2015 08:48

I doubt that Rebekah will see your reply after seven years

It would be better to send a PM, in the hope that her e-mail hasn't changed