Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Whewell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judes

Judes Report 3 Feb 2003 09:30

Looking for Sampson Whewell and Alice Wilkinson. My grandfather is Arthur Wilkinson Whewell, born 26.6.1896 West Bromwich. From his birth certificate I get, Father: Sampson Whewell and mother: Alice Wilkinson. They lived at 18 Chapel Street, that's where my grandfather was born, however this is the only information I can find. Sampson and Alice are not listed in the availabe census details. I have searched birth & marriage records and cannot find them. I have no idea where to go next. If anyone could help PLEASE do!! 7.1.2006; An update, I've found a sibling of Arthur, he is William Wilkinson Whewell b. 1901 in Burton on Trent. Again birth certificate proves father and mother are the same, but still no trace of the parents in censuses or bmd records (probably didn't marry). I sense a skeleton lurking there I just wish I could find it..... !!!