Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My father in law's biological dad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 29 Apr 2010 13:24

Hi if anyone has any info on the descendants of Ernest Wharton born in Docking Norfolk 1897 please get in touch. He is the father of my father in law William Wagg who's mother Mildred worked a tChurch Farm ... He may have an unknown family and would love to find out .. William is now 82 and in good health and is a lovely man .

Julie

Julie Report 29 Apr 2010 13:26

Have you look on this site, as there is someone that has Ernest in their tree

There looks to be 2 people that has him

Kevin

Kevin Report 29 Apr 2010 14:00

found family in 1901 census .very well to do family they have 3 sevants liveing at church farm norfolk.ernest 4.his father was Herbert warton 35.His mother was jessie 35.Ernest had brothers and sisters there names where Alec aged 1. Annie aged 9 private school.Gladys aged 2. they have domestic rose bowe and Florie Bowe.And lady help Anna Beck.

jax

jax Report 29 Apr 2010 14:04

Person: WHARTON, Ernest R
Address: Bircham Tofts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHARTON, Arthur P Head Married M 43 1868 Farmer Thornham Norfolk VIEW
WHARTON, Ellen R Wife Married
16 years F 47 1864 Gayton Norfolk VIEW
WHARTON, Sidney A Son Single M 15 1896 School Bircham Tofts Norfolk VIEW
WHARTON, Hugh Son M 14 1897 School Bircham Tofts Norfolk VIEW
WHARTON, Ernest R Nephew M 14 1897 School Gt Bircham Norfolk VIEW
MATTHEWS, Alice J Visitor Single F 58 1853 Independent Gayton Norfolk VIEW
REED, Sidney G Boarder Single M 18 1893 Farm Pupil Malmesbury Wilts VIEW
MILES, Rose L Servant Single F 18 1893 General Servant Domestic Gt Bircham Norfolk VIEW
PRYOR, Mabel B Servant Single F 17 1894 General Servant Domestic Brisley Norfolk VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:

1911 census - household transcription
Person: WHARTON, Glady May
Address: Great Bircham

WHARTON, Herbert Edgar Head Married M 46 1865 Farmer Nfk Thornham VIEW
WHARTON, Jessie Wife Single F 42 1869 Farmer Nfk Gayton VIEW
WHARTON, Glady May Daughter Single F 12 1899 Farmer Daughter Nfk Bircham Magna VIEW
WHARTON, Kathleen May Niece Single F 11 1900 Farmer Daughter Nfk Bircham Tofts VIEW
LARGE, Gertrude Ann Servant Single F 18 1893 Servant Domestic Nfk Bircham Magna VIEW
BAXTER, Dorothy Jane Servant Single F 17 1894 Servant Domestic Nfk Ringstead VIEW

Mary

Mary Report 29 Apr 2010 14:33

He was Ernest Robert Wharton joined the army 1915 no 21269 and 121269 demobbed 1919.

Can't see marriage for him.

Among his Army records there is a letter dated 18/10/1938 asking for copy of his Demob papers.
there is a address
Ark Royal in inverted comma's
Ford Farm ?
Daventry?
Walsington?
It is hard to read.
Was he in the Navy?
Ark royal went to sea late 1938.

Herbert Edgar Wharton died 1950 in Abergavenny and his wife Jessie nee Matthews died 1955 in Abergavenny.

Maryb

Vivian

Vivian Report 1 Oct 2011 03:51

Hi Teresa

I have been compiling a W*GG One Name Study for anything related to WAGG, WEGG, WIGG or WIGGS since 1996. Website is located at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vivianegan/wwwgg/index.htm

Do you know the name of Mildred's parents ?

Have quite an extensive database of WAGGs in north-west Norfolk if I can be of help.

regards

Vivian

jax

jax Report 1 Oct 2011 03:55

Vivian

You would do better to send private messages about W*gg one name study.

This one was posted 18 months ago, Teresa may not be checking now for replies

jax

Vivian

Vivian Report 1 Oct 2011 06:41

Thanks Jax

Will do.

Julia

Julia Report 29 Mar 2014 18:49

Not sure if you are on here but I am a relative of Ernest Wharton (1st cousin 2 removed). I never new him myself but I have information for you. He married a Clarice Collier and they had two children Roy Wharton and Jean Wharton. When Ernest was about 57 he moved his family to British Columbia in Canada and he died there in 1962.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Mar 2014 19:05

Hi, Julia -
The best way to contact Teresa or other person who has posted on this thread is to click on their name, at the top of their message, and send a private message (PM).

It's a few years since any of them added to this thread, so are not likely to be looking for replies here now.

If they have the same email address, GenesReunited will contact them.

jax

jax Report 29 Mar 2014 20:29

Teresa only ever posted once and never returned, unlikely to return now