Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christine/Christina Wearing nee Wands Muckhart / D

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 23 Mar 2008 21:59

I am trying to trace descendents of my great grandfathers sister Christine or Christina Wand/s . My ggreat grandfather was John Wand/s born Logie in Perthshire in 1863 died in 1937 in Dollar Clackmannanshire. Their parents were Andrew Wand/s and Mary Nichol / Nicol. The person reporting my ggreat grandfathers death was his nephew George H.L Wearing of 32 High Street in Dollar. The sister was a witness at my ggreat grandfathers wedding so assume that George was Christine/Christina's son. She was born in Muchart in Perthshire according to 1901 census. She married a George Wearing (born ca 1865 ) on 27/10/1893, he died on 5/3/1920. I have no death details for her. They had 2 (not sure if more) children a Mary Wearing born 1/08/1894 in Dollar. I have no further information on her. The other child George Henry Leckie Wearing was born 20/01/1900 in Dollar. He married an Isabella allan Mill on 08/04/1924 at Dunfermline Abbey. They had a son also George Wearing who was I assume a still birth as date of birth and death is same (6/04/1943) I would love to know if anybody had any information which would help me tie up some of these loose ends or any information that I am lacking?

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Jul 2014 12:54

Hi there, I know this is a very old post but I share your tree via Magdalene Wand, sister of Andrew Wand. I'm struggling to find information on the death of their father, also Andrew. Do you have any info on that please?

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 4 Jul 2014 13:11

To try to contact Carol, click on her name, and send a message

For BMD's in Scotland, you need to get credits for the scotlands people site

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jul 2014 17:35

I've used a few credits and had a look for Magdalene and her father, just out of interest. I expect you've got all this already, Margaret:

Birth:
06/03/1819 WAND MAGDALEN
ANDREW WAND/MARY THOMSON FR77 (FR77) F MUCKHART /PERTH 385/00 0010 0072

Parents' marriage:

01/01/1815 WAND ANDREW MARY THOMSON/FR82 (FR82) M MUCKHART /PERTH 385/00 0010 0078

On such an old record it doesn't give their ages, which doesn't help in finding Andrew's death.

But in any case, there are no Wand/s deaths in Perthshire in the OPR's (pre-1855), and the only Andrew Wand/s death after that is Magdalen's brother, in 1865. Their mother Mary died 1867, by which time she was a widow:

1867 WAND MARY MOYES THOMSON F 79 MUCKHART /PERTH 385/00 0001

I assume this is Mary in 1851. Andrew's not mentioned, but as Mary's described as "wife" rather than "widow", I would guess he was still alive:

1851 Scotland Census about Mary Wand
Name: Mary Wand
Estimated birth year: abt 1787
Relationship: Head
Where born: Muckart, perthshire
Parish Number: 385
Civil Parish: Muckhart
Map ImageID:
County: Perthshire
Address: Bellsbridge
ED: 5
Page: 11