Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 HULL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 23 Jun 2004 14:58

Would some lovely person check for a Henry Revel/Revell born in c1824 in Hull. Many thanks Claire

Anne

Anne Report 23 Jun 2004 15:17

Unfortunately the 1841 census is not indexed. Looking for rellies involves several hours search for a place as big as Hull. You could buy the census CDs for the East Riding from Stepping Stones. Anne

Alfred

Alfred Report 28 Mar 2008 15:01

Henry Revell b. 1823 Hull, d. 1886 Grimsby married to Elizabeth Cooper, was my Gt Gt Grandfather.
Regards Alf

alviegal

alviegal Report 28 Mar 2008 20:40

Would this be the right census for him?

Name: Henry Revell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Where born: Yorkshire, England

Civil Parish: Holy Trinity
Hundred: Kingston upon Hull
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street address:

View Image

Registration district: Kingston upon Hull
Sub-registration district: Myton
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Elizabeth Revell 30
Elma Revell 10
Henry Revell 15
John Revell 15 engineer

View
Original
Record

View original image

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 29 Mar 2008 05:42

Thank you everyone,, I have him now,,
Alfred, unfortunatly i am unable to find the marriage of Henry to Elizabeth Cooper,despite searching through the Parish Records for Hull
They are my G-G Grandparents too

Stuart

Stuart Report 15 Oct 2014 13:55

Hi, Just wondering if my g/grandma Lena Revell was a niece of Henry Revell.
Her father John was a Steamer Fireman lived Hull, b.Leeds ca1827. There is a connection to Grimsby also. Perhaps my g/g/gfather John Revell was a twin brother of Henry? John m. Ann (Hannah) Hall.
Regards
Stuart

Mike *

Mike * Report 15 Oct 2014 14:01

Stuart this is a very old post.
You may like to start your own for this request

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 15 Oct 2014 14:09

Stuart, if you are assuming from that1841 census that John and Henry were twins, remember that ages were rounded down to multiples of 5 for the purpose of that census. John and Henry could be aged between 15 years and 19 years. Try to find them on later census to establish a more accurate year of birth.

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Oct 2014 13:01

I am trying to establish if there is a connection between my John Revell b.1827 Leeds with a Henry Revell b ca 1822/23 and shown on 1841 census with a John in Hull. There is one Henry Revell b.ca 1826 on the vessel ATALANTA in 1861. Also from Merchant Navy records (1845-53) Henry Revell b 1822 sailed on Brittania from Grimsby and Queen of Scotland from Hull. I believe my John Revell worked as stoker on board SS Hero (family info). As Henry and Elizabeth lived in Grimsby (1871 & 1881) and my John's daughter Lena (m. John West) also had variously Hull and Grimsby as her birthplace, I wondered if my John was the one mentioned in 1841 census with Henry Revell??
Thanks
Stuart