Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

really need some help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 19:22

Please read below

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 19:33

I have a Francis elizabeth Blakey b abt 1831 married Jabez Latimer b abt 1826, married in newcastle register office in Northumberland 1851, moved to monkwearmouth sunderland Durham sometime before 1859, Is there anyone with a 1861 census for monkwearmouth or an 1851 for newcastle to give me detail's on these people, i do know that in 1851 they had just married and had no children, so hoping for a John Latimer Jabez father b abt 1806 and margaret nee Purdy, no other children known at this time. Any help much appreciated Shan

Geoff

Geoff Report 16 Jul 2004 19:47

I found this on BIVRI - it may have absolutely nothing to do with them. LATIMER, Louisa Frances Christening Gender: Female Christening Date: 1 Sep 1851 Recorded in: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England Collection: All Saints Father: James LATIMER Mother: Frances Elizabeth Source: FHL Film 1068964 Dates: 1843 - 1864

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 19:53

Hi Geoff, Thank's for that, that was there first daughter, that i think must have died and she by the look's of it was named after her 2 grandma's Louisa lucy Latimer nee Broomhead and Francis Elizabeth Blakey nee Martinson. But you very kindley have just given me her birth date which i did not have many thank's Shan

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 19:57

Hi again Geoff, some other interesting detail look's like Jabez went by the name of James aswell, (my grandad did'nt like it much either (geoff, Dave, or geordie, anything but Jabez) Thank's again Shan

Geoff

Geoff Report 16 Jul 2004 20:01

Shan NB: Baptism not birth. Frances not Francis.

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 20:07

Thank's Geoff, i only had a qtr for birth, so that just narrowed it down abit, least i know roughly when she was born. Many Thank's Shan

Shan

Shan Report 16 Jul 2004 20:25

Please dont tell me my Latimer's are as elusive as my Bunyan's

David

David Report 8 Jun 2013 23:56

Sorry I am late posting this message I am part of that family link as I have Martinson links
David Walton
mother Ada Charlton (Walton)
John Alfred Charlton Grandfather
He was the son of George Creighton Charlton and Ada Martinson 1848-1897
Ada was the daughter of John Martinson & Ann Charlton
John 1817-1872 was the son of Robert Martinson 1773-1868 a brother of Frances
Blakey

David :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Jun 2013 00:01

David

Have you tried to contact the poster given the age of this thread.

GB