Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TRYING TO LINK MY STEP SISTER AND TRUE BROTHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 26 Jul 2005 18:02

GLENICE FROST AT MY FIRST WEDDING IN PEGSWOOD NORTHUMBERLAND HER AND MY FATHERS SURNAME FROST OUR FATHER MARRIED A POLISH LADY GLENICE HAD ONE SISTER HER FATHER OWNED A FRUIT AND VEG SHOP IN LEICSTER,WAS TOLD ALSO I HAD A BROTHER IN LONDON SEPERATED UPON BIRTH HE WAS ADOPTED IN LONDON WAR DAYS VISITS MY MOTHER ETHEL JEAN TWIDALE EVERY YEAR IN HULL I AM HIS BROTHER BRIAN MAYBE HE DOES NOT KNOW BUT MY STEP SISTER TOLD ME I HAD THIS BROTHER WOULD LOVE TO CONTACT HE USE TO SELL CARS IN LONDON NAME UNKNOWN

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2005 18:07

Sorry Brian, but without any punctuation in your message I am finding it hard to make sense. If you want to trace a brother who is adopted you would need to have at least his birth name or adopted name, I think. This is a link giving information to birth relatives who wish to contact adopted persons. You can send your details, but it is up to the adopted person whether or not they make contact. As I say, without a name, it might be impossible. www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/adoptions/adoptioncontactregister/birth_relative_application.asp nell

Elly

Elly Report 26 Jul 2005 18:30

Brian Would it be too much to speak to your mum about your brother? Explain how you found out and that you would like to meet him too? Are there any other family members who would be able to give you his name? Elly

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 18:14

Hi Brian,
I saw your thread that you sent back in 2005. I only came across it today.
So not sure if you are still on Genes Reunited now.
However, the information you gave about Ethel J Twidale is very similiar to the person I am trying to trace.
I am trying to trace family members of Jean Ethel Frost (maiden name Anderson) born around 1916. She married Wilfred Frederick Frost back in 1936 when she was 20.
Am hoping you get to see my message and we can compare the details you have and what I have.
Many Thanks
ann

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 May 2018 18:24

Ann,

Since Brian only posted once back in 2005 it is unlikely that he is looking at this thread now.

You could try contacting him by clicking on his name and sending a private message. If he still has the same email address that he registered with Genes then he will be informed that he has a message waiting from you - although it is more likely that he has changed his email address so I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Kath. x

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 18:47

Hi Kath.
I know there's probably not much hope of contacting him! I did send a private message too. It would have been great to compare the information we both have but I only got my Dad's birth cert in 2005! It might not have been anything at all but is worth a shot even if it is 13 years later!

malyon

malyon Report 13 May 2018 19:07

not seeing any births in leicestershire where jean and wilfred married

malyon

malyon Report 13 May 2018 19:22

Name: Wilfrid F Frost
Marital Status: Married
Birth Date: 21 Feb 1911
Residence Year: 1939
Address: 70. Berkeley Close
Residence Place: Ruislip-Northwood, Middlesex, England
Schedule Number: 244
Sub Schedule Number: 1
Enumeration District: BOBJ
Registration district: 127/1
Inferred Spouse: Ethel J Frost
Household Members:
Name
Wilfrid F Frost
Ethel J Frost

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 19:48

Hi Malyon.
Thanks for the information and that's what I have. There was a child born in Uxbridge in 1939. The couple married in Leicester in 1936. Births, Marriage and Deaths have a child registered in 1939 Uxbridge but there's no name. It just says 'Male' Frost. Parents Frost and Anderson.
Ancestory.co.uk has free access to 1939 register this weekend. I saw Ethel J Frost on it yesterday with the address you said, then Frost is crossed out and it says Twidale which I assume was amended on the register at a later stage.
When I saw Brian's post that he sent 13 years ago! I thought he seemed like a coincidence. I always knew my Dad had a brother 3 years older than him but it's only since yesterday I've gotten further info which may or may not be connected.
Twidale is an unusual name I think, so I will search for more people with this name from Hull born after approx 1945.
Thanks
Ann

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 19:50

Just one other thing, I was originally looking for Jean Ethel Frost nee Anderson but I believe it was common back then for people to use their middle names. The Ethel you have the info for is Ethel Jean Frost.
Ann

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 19:53

Just a question. Theres a marriage of Ethel J Frost to Twidale in 1945 and also Ethel J Anderson to Twidale in 1945. Is it common in the Uk for marriages to be registerd in Maiden name and previous marriage name?
Tks

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 May 2018 20:53

Ann
Yes to your question.

If an entry shows two entered surname for the marriage then one will be a last known surname and a maiden surname name.

Ann

Ann Report 13 May 2018 21:30

Thanks Kay. I checked Free BMD and the record shows name as Frost or Anderson. I think I have found the correct information. It has taken me so long to get this! I just didn't know where she went after 1942. Only for Ancestory access to 1939 register, I would never have known she remarried a guy called Cyril Twidale from Hull.
And now I am only 13 years too late to see if I have the information Bryan was looking for.
It still might not be correct though. He said the brother use to visit his mother once a year. That didn't happen. And he definitely wasn't a car sales man in London.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2018 08:32

See thread for further research and info

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1372048?jump=1372048

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 May 2018 22:09

According to the tree entries it seems the 1939 birth reg is Brian himself.!

So a brother would be before (Anderson) or after this year.