Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE HELP 1841 Halifax, Yorks census look up nee

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 3 Sep 2005 20:20

1841 Halifax Yorkshire census look up desparately needed - addresses supplied PLEASE HELP does anyone have the 1841 halifax yorkshire census - addresses supplied If anyone can possibly help I am looking for Benoni Carter aged approx 39, his wife Sarah aged approx 42 and their son John. They would be in Halifax probably in the Upper Kirkgate area. I do know that in 1837 they were living at 6 Upper Kirkgate and by 1845 they were living along Broad Street. If anyone could please check either of these addresses I would be eternally grateful. Sara

Gina

Gina Report 3 Sep 2005 20:41

Hi Sara Have you any idea whch area of Halifax? There is no address index on 1841 and Halifax covers 5 discs Gina

Marcus

Marcus Report 3 Sep 2005 20:44

It looks as if it might be the area around the parish church (St. John the Baptist) - near to town centre. Marcus

Sara

Sara Report 3 Sep 2005 20:50

Hi Gina I'm afraid all is I know is as Marcus says it comes under St Johns ward in the centre of Halifax Sara

Marcus

Marcus Report 3 Sep 2005 21:03

It's certainly town centre - I just can't remember exactly where!!!! Sorry. Hope you find it. Marcus

Gina

Gina Report 3 Sep 2005 22:11

Hi Sara Bad news I'm afraid. I've been right through Halifax - twice in fact. I can't find them!. All I found was an Octavo Carter aged 40 in Upper Kirkgate, a card setter with a family called Birtwhistle, and Silvanus Carter aged 20 or 30, a blacksmith in Chapel Town with a family called Blagbrough Sorry Gina

Sara

Sara Report 4 Sep 2005 10:15

Hi Gina Thank you so much for looking for them I really appreciate it I just can't understand why they are not there. Just my luck they probably went on holiday for census night. With HUGE Thanks Sara

Jan

Jan Report 7 Aug 2013 13:05

You've probably found him my now but in case you're still looking there is a Benoni Carter born approx 1806 in Yorkshire, living in Yorkshire according to the 1841 Census on Ancestry.co.uk. :-D