Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leeds Parish Records/Census 1871, 1881 lookup Plea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gina

Gina Report 30 Oct 2005 18:38

Trying to find Thomas WILLSDEN/WILSDEN/WILSDON born c1861 in either Wakefield or Hunslet. I can find no trace of him until his marriage in 1882 in Darlington. His marriage certificate shows father's name as George, occupation Joiner. I have been seeking this man for months and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. Gina

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Oct 2005 18:52

Can't find Thomas, but have found George Wilsdon, joiner in Hunslet on the 1881 census, if you haven't got that. Kath. x

Gina

Gina Report 30 Oct 2005 18:57

Hi Kath Thanks anyway but I have George and family on all censuses and the births of all other children. It's just Thomas I can't find. Can't even find him on St. Catherine's. Just wonder if someone has been telling lies Thanks again for your time Gina

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Oct 2005 19:03

Have you got Thomas on the 1901 census? If he married Alice, then they are on the 1901 in Darlington. Kath. x

Gina

Gina Report 30 Oct 2005 19:14

Hi Kath Thanks again but I've got him on 1891 and 1901 after his marriage, it's 1871, 1881 and his birth I can't find. Think he was beamed down from somewhere Cheers Gina

Ian

Ian Report 31 Oct 2005 18:37

Hi Gina I found Leeds library very helpful recently when I wanted information about St. Peter's parish records and census entries. Contact Michele Lefevre, Local Studies Manager. Email address - [email protected] As you have just helped me, I hope this is useful to you. Ian Procter

Ian

Ian Report 31 Oct 2005 18:45

Hello Again Gina I don't know why but it will not print the complete email address of the Leeds library on this site. If you would like to send me your email address I will try again. Ian

Gina

Gina Report 31 Oct 2005 20:03

Hi Ian, Thanks, I've messaged you Cheers Gina

Florence

Florence Report 9 Mar 2015 14:37

hi ian,

hope you canhelp I've hit a brick wall I cannot find out where mt grt grt grandfather was born or buried as far as I know he was born in leeds yorksjire in 1801 he died in leeds in 1871all his family lived in leeds some still do his name was james almond he married Elizabeth archer in northallerton in 1826 and moveto leeds 1839 two sons and another son born in leedscan you help

regards florence

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Mar 2015 15:04

Might as well add info here............Ian is unlikely to respond

1861 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
West Street, Leeds, Yorkshire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
James Almond Head Married Male 52 1809 Shopkeeper Leeds, England Transcription
Elizabeth Almond Wife Married Female 50 1811 Shopkeepers Wife - Transcription
James Almond Son Unmarried Male 22 1839 Corn Dealer Leeds, England Transcription
William Almond Son Unmarried Male 19 1842 Assistant Leeds, England Transcription
Jane Almond Daughter - Female 16 1845 Dressmaker Leeds, England Transcription
Margaret Almond Daughter - Female 13 1848 Scholar Leeds, England Transcription
Charles Almond Son - Male 10 1851 Scholar Leeds, England Transcription

To try to find where he was buried, get a copy of the death cert, then look for the nearest cemetery, and get in touch

For future reference, if you need help, it's better to post your own thread. Avoids potential confusion

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Mar 2015 15:09

1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Richmond Street, Leeds, Yorkshire, England

First name(s) Last name Gender Age Birth year Birth place
James Almand Male 30 1811 Yorkshire, England Transcription
Elizh Almand Female 25 1816 Yorkshire, England Transcription
John Almand Male 13 1828 Yorkshire, England Transcription
Thomas Almand Male 8 1833 Yorkshire, England Transcription
James Almand Male 1 1840 Yorkshire, England

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Mar 2015 15:14

Florence

Have you asked about this elsewhere on the boards?

Have you tried looking for info on familysearch?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Mar 2015 15:17

Name: James Almond
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Archer
Event Date: 28 Nov 1826
Event Place: Kirklington, York, England

malyon

malyon Report 9 Mar 2015 15:48

Thomas Willsden
England and Wales Census, 1891
Name: Thomas Willsden
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1891
County: Durham
Parish: COCKERTON
Ecclesiastical Parish: ST PAUL DARLINGTON
Sub-District: AYCLIFFE
Registration District: DARLINGTON
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Wakefield, Yorkshire
Schedule Type: Household

malyon

malyon Report 9 Mar 2015 16:04

hi
i think the name is wilson looked at all the thomas name biths fpr 1861 in hunslet and wakefield and only births come up with name wilson or you have the wrong christian name

Thomas Wilson
England and Wales, Birth Registration Index
Name: Thomas Wilson
Event Type: Birth Registration
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration Year: 1861
Registration District: Hunslet
County: Yorkshire
Event Place: Hunslet, Yorkshire, England
Volume: 9B
Page: 225
Line Number: 26

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Mar 2015 16:17

Yvonne

You have posted info relating to a TEN year old query - please delete to avoid confusion for Florence