Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

US census records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 9 Jan 2006 12:32

Is there a kind GR member out there who could do a look up of the US census or any other appropriate records. My grandfather's two sisters emigrated to the States sometime in the early 1900's. Their names were Selina McLean born 1881 and Jane McLean born 1883, who were both born in Brixham, Devon,England. I believe that they may have lived in the Kings area of New York. I can find no record of them on the Ellis Island website. I am keen to research the American side of our family tree but have no starting point!! Many thanks John

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 9 Jan 2006 15:22

John, On the 1910 census I found a Jane McLean, b 1883 living in Kings County New York, but it says she was born in Scotland. She is listed as a sister in law of Gemina Tucker b 1876 in Scotland. I've saved the image if you want to take a further look. Just need your email address. Can't find Selina. Rose

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 May 2013 22:46

Hi there -

Did anyone ever find any further information on these two ladies? I've been banging my head against this same wall for a while now.

Andrew Tong

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 May 2013 22:53

Have you tried to contact John

jax

jax Report 15 May 2013 23:48

As John did'nt return 7 years ago highly unlikely to return now