Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUTLIN / JOHNSTON MARRIAGE LOOKUP PLZ

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carley

Carley Report 28 Apr 2006 09:47

I NEED A SECOND PAIR OF EYES! PLEASE COULD SOMEONE LOOKUP THE MARRIAGE OF GEORGE BUTLIN TO MARIA JOHNSTON THEIR FIRST SON WAS BORN NOV 1863 IN EVERTON, LANCS. GEORGE'S OCCUPATION WAS CHIEF OFFICER MERCHANT SERVICE. AND I CANT FIND THEM ON THE 1871 CENSUS EITHER, BUT HAVE THEM IN LATER YEARS! THANKS IN ADVANCE CARLEY

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Apr 2006 09:53

what was their sons name?

MaryPoppins

MaryPoppins Report 28 Apr 2006 09:56

Do you have George & Marias year and place of birth ? Mags

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Apr 2006 10:00

Cant easily see any Butlin born c1863 in Everton on 1881 or 1891? Suzanne

Carley

Carley Report 28 Apr 2006 10:21

GEORGE BUTLIN WAS BORN C 1838 NORTHAMPTON MARIA BUTLIN NEE JOHNSTON BORN C 1836 BELFAST THEIR SON CLARKE BUTLIN WAS BORN 2 NOV 1863, I HAVE THIS CERT, THATS HOW I GAINED MARIA'S MAIDEN NAME. 1881 MARIA & GEORGE IN HULL, 8&9 PRINCE STREET, GEORGE'S OCCUPATION HOTEL KEEPER 1891 LISTER STREET, KINGSTON UPON HULL GEORGES OCCUPATION MASTER MARINER

Carley

Carley Report 28 Apr 2006 10:28

JUST FOUND GEORGES BIRTH REF! MARCH 1838, NORTHAMPTON VOL 15 PAGE 322

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 28 Apr 2006 11:39

1871: How about this? 9 Clougandre?? Terrace, Lancashire > Walton Maria Ballin abt 1836 Belfast, Ireland Head Walton Lancashire Clarke Ballin abt 1864 Bootle, Lancashire, England Son Walton Lancashire Maria Georgina Ballin abt 1869 Bootle, Lancashire, England Daughter Walton Lancashire Maria the head is down as married but hsband not there. (Was he still in the merchant service?) Name could easily be Butlin

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Apr 2006 16:11

Could they have married in Ireland? Or have you found Maria in England prior to the marriage? Tip: Please disengage your caps lock when posting messages.........it's looked on as shouting! Thanks Reg

Carley

Carley Report 29 Apr 2006 09:25

Hi Suzanne Thank you! I've just had a look at ancestry, it definatley looks like them, hurrah! I didn't know about the daughter as she doesnt appear in 1881 with the family. Hi Reg They could have married anywhere I'm guessing as he travelled around with work, possible it was in Ireland, oh well deadend if they did! Thank you, I'm going to cruise Ancestry a bit more! Wish me luck

PaulMorfitt

PaulMorfitt Report 26 Aug 2014 00:01

George and Marie are my great great great grandparents, Clarke was my great great grandad, his daughter was also called Marie who was my grans mum ! After seeing this I now know Maria's maiden name so thank you for this post although it's from 2006 lol xxxx