Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records of old boys KING EDWARD'S SCHOOL WITLEY SU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Handy

The Handy Report 30 Oct 2006 18:29

I have a hardback bound copy of the quarterly magazines for King Edward's School, Witley, Surrey. It has a fantastic obituary for my Great Grandfather. If a known relative / ancestor had connections with this school I will be happy to see if they are mentioned in the book. Due to the age there are lots of obituaries to soldiers killed in action and even a few photos. Also extracts of letters that old boys have sent to the school. Believe me a real gem of info! Sara

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 30 Oct 2006 18:59

Oh :( I was all excited until I saw the dates. My lot were there in the 1860's and 1870's so I dont think you'll be able to help. What a shame! Sheila

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 Feb 2015 12:16

Sara has no posts against her name, so is not on GR's books

Please remove your e-mail. Not allowed on boards (read guidelines)

greyghost

greyghost Report 8 Feb 2015 14:42

Not everyone who is a member posts on the boards. You could try clicking on her board name or hovering over her profile picture - this way an opportunity to send a personal message will appear. If Sara still has the same email addy as when she first joined GR, she will be sent a message saying your message is available to her.

However, not everyone opens their messages or replies (look in your sent box to see whether the green envelope is there or not) for whatever reason so don't be surprised if you don't hear back