Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Walsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 14 Jan 2003 14:54

I am researching into my Family Tree, especially the surnames WALSH, WAITE and HIBBERT. My maternal Grandfather, JAMES WAITE, BORN 1913, was an orphan I believe, though we are pretty sure that he did have a brother! He worked for a removal company when he was married. He had 2 daughters - Joyce & Jacqueline, and 1 son - James. My paternal Grandfather is JOHN ALBERT WALSH, BORN 1917. One of at least 7 siblings. He was educated at EDEN GROVE CATHOLIC SCHOOL, London. Baptised at Blessed Sacrament Sacred Heart Church, London N1. He was married twice. His first wife was called BESS Sheppey. I believe she was born approx. 1910 and died from TB. They had two sons - JOHN, born 1939 and DAVE, born 1940. They had lived in the Archway area of London. He remarried in 1945 (EDITH ROSETTA HUTSON) and they had two sons - DENNIS, born 1946 (my father) and PATRICK, born 1958? My grandfather, John, spent his early years as a fitter/welder in the Royal Artillery. He also worked on the Kings Cross Railway, London as a Goods Checker. He became a Publican, eventually running the Lincoln Arms Pub in Kings Cross, London until he retired at 80 years old in 1997. His father was called JOHN PATRICK WALSH and he died in approx 1927. His mother was ELLEN SARAH HIBBERT, born in July, August or Sept 1885, died February 1973. They lived in Islington, London; though I believe JOHN PATRICK WALSH was originally from Ireland? I know that he had brothers - with one of them being called MIKE. ELLEN SARAH HIBBERT had two brothers that I know of - TOM HIBBERT and FRED HIBBERT. One of them was killed in the Navy. I would appreciate anyone who knew or knows of any connection to either families to contact me.