Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Betteridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 20 Jan 2003 13:41

Trying to find any Betteridges from CASTLEFORD, YORKSHIRE. My grandfather, Jack Betteridge, was born 21/10/1912 and lived at 3 Brazil St. He died in 1977 in Blackpool. He married Sylvia Sawyer, my grandmother, and they had one son, Malcolm, my dad. Jack's sister was called Vera and she married Joe Day. They emigrated to Canada and had two children, Terry and Arlene. Jack also had two brothers called George and Jim (I think). Possibly had another sister who was put up for adoption. Their parents were James William Betteridge, a coal miner, and Sarah Elizabeth Betteridge (nee Young). I know Jack, Jim, Vera, George and Malcolm Betteridge were definately born in Castleford.