Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 27 Jan 2003 20:03

I am trying to trace any information about my maternal grandfather, Edmund Paxton Hood, born in Barcelona in 1876 or 7, to an English father and a Spanish mother. He came to England when he was 12, after the death of his parents, to be educated at Stafford Grammar School and then at London University. He worked in South America for a number of years, before returning to England. He worked in insurance, becoming the Motor Union (now AA) branch manager in Nottingham. He was drowned off the coast of Lincolnshire in 1924. He married my grandmother, Violet Ellen Carter, in 1915. My mother, Marguerita Alice, their only child, was born in August 1917.