Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Spinks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelika

Angelika Report 30 Jan 2003 00:04

My grandfather was William Spinks. Before he married my grandmother, Gwendoline Jane Spinks, they lived together as he could not get a divorce [difficult in those days]. Before they were able to marry, GJS became pregnant and her mother insisted she had the baby girl adopted, which she did. Relatives say they remember she was adopted by an Irish family and they sent a message to my grandparents that she had been renamed Clodagh. She was born in Hackney Hospital c1930. She may not even realise that she is adopted, if indeed she is still alive. My mother was born once my grandparents married. It means that the adopted baby is a 'full' sister to my mother and so we really need to find out what happened to her.