Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Blair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rena

Rena Report 16 Feb 2003 15:55

Trying to find relatives of my mothers. An uncle of my mothers, John Arnott Blair, born in Kilbarchan, Scotland, came to Canada (Toronto area we think) in the 19 teens and no one knows of him after that. At one time he owned some kind of a store. I have a picture of him standing in front of it. Would love to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts of the family. My mother is now 83 years old. My grandmother, Catherine Love Marshall (1890 - 1951) married William Arnott Blair (1878 - 1948) (his second mariage)Their children are Inez, Betty and Willie still alive, Bob and Matthew deceased. I know that my grandmother had at least two sisters, Annie and Mary from the Glasgow area but know very little else about the family history.