Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Porter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 2 Feb 2003 16:16

Hi - I am Colin Porter & have just started to research my fathers ( Frederick Ernest Porter DOB 21.6.1903) army history. He married Adela Fisher after 1927 in Norwich, he was a soldier at that time. He had previously married Miss X? for a 4-6 year period and they had a son Peter who was later adopted by my parents upon their marriage) No info on his first marriage is available or the reason for the termination ( death or divorce? ) The entire family background appears to be Norfolk based. I do however believe my father was a boy entrant into the army & that may well have occured in & around the Nottingham area aro 1920. I realise that I have a long way to go in this research but any info would be helpfull.