Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hewitt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 28 Feb 2003 00:09

Hi, I'm trying to find information on my paternal Grandfather, John Robert Hewitt. He died in 1962 when my Dad was just 15, we don't know much information about him at all, only that he was born in 1900 in or around London/South-East. He served in the First World War. During the Second World War he met my Grandmother (Doris Walker) We think he was already married. (He never actually married my Grandmother, although everybody thought they had married, including my father and his brother and sisters!) During the Blitz they moved to Yeovil, Somerset and set up home and raised their family there until he died in 1962. My Dad is convinced he has some half brothers and/or sisters out there somewhere. If anybody has any info on a John Robert Hewitt born in 1900, probably in London/South-East of England please get in touch! I'm also registered in Friends Reunited btw. Thanks!